One last dance with my cobra

lethal

Established Member
I have to agree with BocaCobra.

I've lived here all 28 of my years... never had a car stolen. Heck, the most I can think about is I had a stereo stolen out of a 1979 Duster (my first car, dont laugh, I tried to kill it and it would not die). It's my fault for parking it on the swale and not locking it up properly. Anyhow, don't wory about Acid rain and all that BS -- cars last a nice long time here... no salt on the roads, and if a hurricane does come by, rent a garage for the week.

Now, I would not necessarily buy a house and rent it out (oh the headaches) but if you do, it may be very lucrative. I think a carport or something would do. I don't know your situation, but if you want to have the car down here... get a decent apartment with a garage or carport and your set....

No biggie.

Blades

Established Member
Thats exactly what im doing now. I've seen enough of corvettes, fbodies, supras, etc to pass this up. Besides my roomate cant speak without stuttering and spitting and hes umm. socially challenged. :D shh i didnt say that. The apartments around here arent much of a hurt as i was thinking they'd be. I need to 'unlock' my cd and get to spending. Then im off to find a job. I wish the stock market was reliable :mj:. I dont know about renting an apartment with some other people. I like to be the boss. Next thing i know it i'd find a beer can on my roof and throw one of them out the window. :lol1:

This is fustrating but i must have patience. I can be in with the crew temporarily if i get SVT Contour :coolman:.

I'll figure things out but all the doubts have been put to rest. Thanks a lot guys

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Originally posted by Blades
Well guys.. By tomorrow Eddie's (yeah thats me) Black 2003 Mustang Cobra is going to be tucked in for bed as I say my farewell. Im going to college in Boca Raton, Florida (Lynn University). Its a big move from the suburbs of Massachusetts. I took my final drive tonite and Im going to have the last bath for the cobra tomorrow. I make it sound like im going to die soon but still. Its damn depressing. Its like leaving an extra loved one behind.

The next time that I'll be back in massachusetts is probably November. Are there any precautionary measures I should take before the big sleep for the cobra? I will have my dad (and only him :mj: ) start it up every 3-4 weeks to keep her in good shape.

One thing i was contemplating was bringing her down to Florida. But my dad swiftly dissuaded me out of that. Talking about people stealing it out of the storage place it would be put in and putting it on a boat to columbia for some drug dealer to trash :cuss:. There will be so many nice cars in Florida it will just make me sick to my stomach. I know the good people at the SVTOFLA (sp?) will host meetings and all that so that will be cool.

Most of this post is just rambling on but damn im sick over this! I just got the car July 9th!!

Tomorrow at 7:30am before I get on the plane I will get a call from my dad's friend to get the word on a 1998 Silver SVT Contour with 78k on the odo. If its junk its a no go, if its a gem its a buy! Hopefully that will hold me over.

Do you guys have any ideas? Should I keep it at home or somehow bring it to Florida (OFF CAMPUS)?

I guess this means i will be posting less and less but I hope I can still be of some use! :cryying: :cryying: :cryying:

Its seriously bugging the hell out of me. Not just the car but the move in general. Wish me luck, im sure as hell gonna need it.

Why not bring the T-Bird or the Supercrew?

Blades

Established Member
Well the supercrew is gone. Its off lease. And while the tbird is florida material its terribly impractical attracts attention like jenna jameson streaking across the street. So i'd find it keyed at the college easily. Plus I'd need the speed.. You see something in the tbird and its like "oh damn i wanna go go go" and its just not there.

SVTdubs

have you seen my baseball
Established Member
youll be damn surprised what that little SVT Contour can do. No match for a supra but youll have fun with those damn ricers!!!

Blades

Established Member
Thats why i love those little things man! :D As things settle down i think i'll be comfortable without a car. My parents already made it clear that they will not buy me one so thats out and over with. And i'd be hanging by the skin of a gerbil's nut sack to pay for an apartment with the kind of funds i'd be pulling in working part time. 2nd year will be easy. So I miss my cobra 1 year. Big deal. I can do this. :D This year I'm going to prepare Florida for the arrival of the 03 cobra (aka work my ass off). I'll just think of it as a chore.. kinda like cleaning it!

And guess what. I'll have less miles than all of you.. So there! :rolleyes:

Blades

Established Member
Ha.. yeah ur right.. anyone want to buy a black 03 cobra with 3800 on it? :(

no no no. i dont know if i could ever do that. I should have gotten one next year tho eh? :mj:

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
I know what I am going to do, I am going to swap my car with yours while you are down there. Take my plate and reg and put it on your car. Just before you come back I will reverse what I typed above. I will have a cobra with 3800 miles and you will have one with 15000. :rolling:

Blades

Established Member
haha i'll notice your ugly front plate there buddy. :D

I saw a black 03 with parchment interior today. It was beautiful. It made me miss my cobra even more. But i should have gotten parchment. They had 8 svt foci's too!!! and 5 03 cobras!!!

david smilovic

Established Member
I park 200k cars at public events and though someone marred my hood to the point of 650.00 on my 427 Twin Turbo Z06 I have had 0 problems over the years.TAKE IT WITH!!! and use it in the BEST of health,David Smilovic

Gumball

Established Member
Blades, This is way off topic but my buddy just started his freshman yr at Lynn. I know it's not that big a place so you may run into him. His name is Eddie Crowley. Got a scholarship to play golf there. Super kid...and more importantly his father is the Budweiser distributor for SW Connecticut. If you find this needle in haystack, tell him his neighbor said hello. On topic, leave the car home the first year. Too many bad possibilities. Wait till you get the lay of the land and then speed away.

Blades

Established Member
yeah im getting a lightning guys!!!! My dad felt bad for me.. that i had to leave both my cars home so he said he'd try to find me a good deal.. And a deal he did find!! 24k for a 2002 lightning.. used.. :D :D :D :D. this is not definate but stll.. its hope.. and btw

im eddie savides

what dorm is he in

Users who are viewing this thread