One last dance with my cobra

Blades

Established Member
Well guys.. By tomorrow Eddie's (yeah thats me) Black 2003 Mustang Cobra is going to be tucked in for bed as I say my farewell. Im going to college in Boca Raton, Florida (Lynn University). Its a big move from the suburbs of Massachusetts. I took my final drive tonite and Im going to have the last bath for the cobra tomorrow. I make it sound like im going to die soon but still. Its damn depressing. Its like leaving an extra loved one behind.

The next time that I'll be back in massachusetts is probably November. Are there any precautionary measures I should take before the big sleep for the cobra? I will have my dad (and only him :mj: ) start it up every 3-4 weeks to keep her in good shape.

One thing i was contemplating was bringing her down to Florida. But my dad swiftly dissuaded me out of that. Talking about people stealing it out of the storage place it would be put in and putting it on a boat to columbia for some drug dealer to trash :cuss:. There will be so many nice cars in Florida it will just make me sick to my stomach. I know the good people at the SVTOFLA (sp?) will host meetings and all that so that will be cool.

Most of this post is just rambling on but damn im sick over this! I just got the car July 9th!!

Tomorrow at 7:30am before I get on the plane I will get a call from my dad's friend to get the word on a 1998 Silver SVT Contour with 78k on the odo. If its junk its a no go, if its a gem its a buy! Hopefully that will hold me over.

Do you guys have any ideas? Should I keep it at home or somehow bring it to Florida (OFF CAMPUS)?

I guess this means i will be posting less and less but I hope I can still be of some use! :cryying: :cryying: :cryying:

Its seriously bugging the hell out of me. Not just the car but the move in general. Wish me luck, im sure as hell gonna need it.

Lobo

Established Member
I had to leave the country for a long-planned vacation exactly ONE DAY after I got my beloved Cobra... :(

... and the worst thing is I was stuck with mom's 4-cyl VW Polo (dishes out a whopping 55 rwhp) for TWO WEEKS..... ARRRGH !!! :gt:

As far as school goes though, I wouldn't leave the car behind, absolutely out of the question. Think about it, there are so many nice cars in FL, do you really think the owners gotta buy new ones every other week because somebody stole it?

I live about 60 miles north of the Mexican border and guess what, I still got the car (just looked out the window to check... :-D ).

For all I know, the most popular cars to steal are those that are built in vast numbers.

And after all, what could ever replace the feel of driving this thing every day?

Lobo

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Originally posted by Lobo
... and the worst thing is I was stuck with mom's 4-cyl VW Polo (dishes out a whopping 55 rwhp) for TWO WEEKS.....

That reminds me of something. There are a lot of kick a$$ cars in Boca Ferrari, Porsche, and Mercedes are normal the funny thing is most of them can't drive them. A couple months ago I was on my way to work in Boca and I was screwing around with a Viper and we got to a light. We were behind a bunch of cars and it was a Viper, some crappy old ricer in the middle, then me. I was driving my 95 Cobra with O/R H-pipe and 2 chamber flowmaster and the Viper had work done also and the only thing I could here is this loud crappy sounding exhaust from the ricer.

This goes nowhere other then its 3:30 am and I am still working on a stupid report I need to have done by morning and needed to think of something else for a little while. And if blade can rant so can I.

Blades

Established Member
Originally posted by Lobo
I had to leave the country for a long-planned vacation exactly ONE DAY after I got my beloved Cobra... :(

... and the worst thing is I was stuck with mom's 4-cyl VW Polo (dishes out a whopping 55 rwhp) for TWO WEEKS..... ARRRGH !!! :gt:

As far as school goes though, I wouldn't leave the car behind, absolutely out of the question. Think about it, there are so many nice cars in FL, do you really think the owners gotta buy new ones every other week because somebody stole it?

I live about 60 miles north of the Mexican border and guess what, I still got the car (just looked out the window to check... :-D ).

For all I know, the most popular cars to steal are those that are built in vast numbers.

And after all, what could ever replace the feel of driving this thing every day?

Lobo

That so true man. But im not about to leave it outside in the middle of the campus parking lot so it wont be an everyday driver. Maybe I could store it down there based on the conditions of the self-store place. But when i go home for december vacation do you know how shit scared i'd be of someone screwing with it?! What to do.. what to do.

ho779

Established Member
Well lest we think there will be no more black cobras in MA, yes there is at least one masshole left that will be driving around. ;-)

ArizonaSnake

Established Member
One snake driver's opinion....

TAKE THE SNAKE......

You are going to a place you can drive the car year round.
There IS a thing called insurance.
You can take measures in Florida to minimize the risk to the car.
(garaging, alarms, Club etc)

Why let it just sit?

FL Cobra03

Established Member
I say - Bring it down. I don't think the S. FL area is any worse than any other urban area. Plus in Boca, just about everyone has a $30K+ vehicle. Just remember - No snow, good roads, and good traction all year round. (and after 7:30pm all of the 70+ crowd are fast asleep and off the road)

svt-tmleader

Established Member
Bring the cobra! I am sure you can find a place it will be safe! And if it happens to get stolen, I will get another one for you, I still have plenty left!

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
Are you kidding me. Take the Cobra. How many 03 Cobras are gonna be attending your University. ZERO. Unless of course you bring your's. Think of the possibilities man. WOW.

byevette

Momento Mori
Established Member
I went to school at Florida Atlantic University in Boca, before transferring to University of Florida (GO GATORS). You should take the car.

As you will see, image is everything in Boca.

The roads are nice and smooth and mostly new black asphalt, perfect for driving. Plus you can take the car to Morosso.

NEED I SAY MORE, TAKE THE CAR.

Oh yeah, I really miss south Florida, good luck.

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
hey ho, I'm another masshole driving around in a black coupe.

:lol:

WTF is blades.. you are "Catchmecopper"

That kinda sucks that you are leaving for FLA and your 03 Bassani cat;d X and catback should be here this week like mine (got the tracking numbers last night from Christy). WOOOOHOOOOO.

I would bring the damn thing down there.

I hope you wrote down the milage. You don't want to leave with 2000 miles and come back with 20000 miles. eeeeeeeek :nono:

Blades

Established Member
3834. Damn skippy I wrote down the mileage. I may not take the cobra down this time but I sure as hell will when i come back. Thanks for the encouraging words. It was so hard to put the car cover on and know that it will just be sitting there while im carless at school. :cryying:

And my bassani exhaust is coming Tuesday :coolman:. Which is cool, but not as cool as putting it on on an idle saturday and starting it up to hear the sweet sweet rumble only a mustang can make. Thats it. Im gonna bring this bad boy down!

I hope they are ready for CatchMeCopper :mj: hah hear my X pipe roar!

Sonic03

Alaskan Assasin
Established Member
I have to put my SNAKE into Hibernation for almost 9 months here in Alaska....<soob><sniff>...but that isn't for another month now...I think I'll go lay some blackies right now.....

SVTyballz

Established Member
Dude, you HAVE to bring your car down here with ya !!! Yer gonna regret every minute while you are in school. Yer gonna see an 03 driving by................it's gonna make you miserable. Here's an idea........... Drive it to south Florida, and on the way, everyone of us who lives close to I-95 can join you on your trip. If we all time it right, maybe we can have 20-30 03 Cobras show up at Tower shops on a Friday night. THAT would be sweeeeeet. Im about 3 hours north of Boca there are a handful of 03's in Jax, couple here, some in Orlando and a bunch in So fla already.

Think about it........................do you really think you can watch a shiny 03 Cobra drive by you knowing yours is in storage up north???? What are you gonna say? " Um i have one of those"................yeah sure, ok, whatever.............. yer gonna be hating life if you have to go through that.

just my 2 centz. good luck. Stop by when yer driving your 03 through my part of the state. hehehehehehehe

gary

Brad

Banned
MA? Im from MA also! Drop me a PM if you see this, maybe next spring we can meet up at the track or something. Also its not like you can drive it around during our winters anyway:-D

BocaCobra

Established Member
BLADES - I live in Boca and I have lived here for 22 years! Been here since I was 6 - Your COBRA will be FINE here in Boca - It wont get stolen and like was said earlier...You can drive it year long here and TRUST me when I tell you that girls in Boca LOVE Mustangs, especially if its a Cobra :)~~ I think you will be very happy if you bring it down and not leave it at home.

CatchMeCopper

Established Member
Yeah but what about the acid rain here? I'm here in the hotel! heh. So I saw a trans am bitch pass our minivan here, a corvette hatchback, a supra, another corvette, a red Porsche GT2.. god damn. But is my cobra alright to leave outside? I plan on keeping this thing for a long time!

ArizonaSnake

Established Member
Well.. :-D

Looking at your SIG.. if all those are yours..
Money shouldn't be a problem..
Rent a garage... or a place that has one..

Im' outta here

:burnout:

Black Cobra

Established Member
Ditto what ArizonSnake said. Something else to consider, buy a 3 or 4 bedroom house, rent the other rooms out to some fellow college buddies for the amount of the mortgage payment. You live there free and when graduation rolls around sell the house for a profit plus all your EQUITY back!

In your case, get one with a garage and/or covered carport.

Users who are viewing this thread