One Hundred Pushups Challenge - any one do it?

Njc0las

Detective John Spartan
Established Member
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zls2RTC_RRI"]YouTube - Pushups with 50 Cent on The Money & The Power[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvNVbJnARAY"]YouTube - handstand push ups 10 at 160[/ame]

I did mine this way. Does it still count?

Jayls5

Established Member
Going for a specific number is kind of retarded in my opinion.

The amount of work a long armed person has to do compared to a short person is drastic, even at the same weight.

I'm 6' 2", long arms, and my "work outs" last about 45 seconds every 3 days or so. I did the nose-touch push-ups and stopped at 40. It's lame and hurts the wrists. I prefer doing a slow 20+ for a burn on those "perfect push-up" machines. You get more elevation, and it doesn't **** with your wrist.

whiplash306

Established Member
Alright, day one DONE! Since I started off with 40 pushups on the "initial test", I had to skip to week 3, which had me doing sets of 14, 18, 14, 14 and max (of atleast 20). I was able to do all of the 1st four sets, but on the last "max" set, I pooped out at 14 and had to have help from my wife to do up to the 20 (ha). Now my chest and tris look like I've been seriously hitting the gym...ha!

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
I generally do between 55 and 60 pushups for the semi-annual PRT.. when I was in bootcamp, 100 was just a decent workout, of course that was almost 18 years ago and 60 lbs ago :(

jasil

Established Member
I just dropped and did 100 it was hard. I don't like this high rep stuff because it's just a link to your cardiovasuclar health and V02 max. There are people that have done 1000's of pushups, but can't bench press what I can, it's a cardo thing.

Varying my grips I just finished 100 probably could have hit 120 ish.

Users who are viewing this thread