One Hundred Pushups Challenge - any one do it?

Todd03Blown

Established Member
You can do this with most bodyweight exercises.
Correct, I am just curious how peoples success was doing this and if they really reached 100 pushups in 6 weeks.

I am 6' and 256lbs and did 14 pushups as my test so I will be starting this today and see how far I get.

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
I'll try this out as well. Will be doing this, running about 10 miles a week, and lifting weights, low weight many reps. Trying to lean up, also going to diet and watch what I eat.

sharkbite

Filthy
Established Member
I popped down at work and did 129 consecutive. Took about 2.5 minutes. I train like a madman though. I gotta say, if you can do more than 150, you spend too much time doing pushups or are a freak of nature.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I dont do pushups regularly (although I need to since Im going to be doing a lot of them in basic) but when I do I can usually bust out 80 or so. I could probably get to a 100 within a week Id guess. Im a smaller guy though so it comes a little easier I guess.

Good luck though!

VenomGTX

Awesome SVT Poster
Established Member
The most I've ever done is 62 in one minute for a PFA. I've never tried to see how many I can do consecutively but I doubt its much more than that.

CSD

Banned
Can someone find an equivalent method but for running?

Are you looking to run longer and faster? If so, try sprint intervals. Sprinting will increase stamina by keeping your leg muscles from being bored and forcing your body to expand its endurance.

greenstang1313

back in black
Established Member
I was doing some pushups earlier. I dunno if you heard me counting I did over a thousand. I can barely lift my arms cuz I do so many.

Last edited:

LeddZepp8687

Yes, It's slow.
Established Member
I was doing some pushups earlier. I dunno if you heard me counting I did over a thousand. I can barely lift my arms cuz I do so many.

LOL!

I can make it to about the 80 or 85 range but Im really gettin tired at that point. I used to lift 4-5 times a week, and I did that for a while but I've been slacking and have only been to the gym a few times in the past month.

Last edited:

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
100 push-ups in under 2 minutes will get you a perfect score of 300 for Green Beret/Ranger training.

Did them no problem.

Last edited:

bam

Established Member
About 5 years ago I was in really good shape and I did 100 in a row. Granted, half-way through, my form went to hell.

After I was done I couldn't hear for about 20 seconds. It was scary as hell.

Users who are viewing this thread