on3performance install on my 01 cobra begins

DaBigBone

Established Member
I would LOVE to slap a turbo on a 99 or 01 Cobra.

I'm in for the ride on this build!

BlackDragon

Because Race Car...
Established Member
I would love to see pics as I am considering putting this kit in my notch. Just want to see what kind of clearance there is. My engine bay is a little tighter, lol...

kcpgt2002

Established Member
has anyone gone with the suspension kit on3 sells, im doing the install right now, k-member was cake but dealing with the cheap ass UPR products got me pretty pissed! all the grinding to get it to fit, then on top of the shock/ghetto strut setup it doesnt fit right if any has done this or is doing this that can chime in would be great. thanks guys

had to run some spacers because the pieces that sat ontop of the bearing hit the inside of the strut tower

bad01cobra

Established Member
well k member is in if you are doing this kit buy new struts for the front either kyb or lake wood trust me it will make life so much easier starting the hot side tomorrow will try and get some pices up soon

bad01cobra

Established Member
well hot side is done went on with not one problem kit is very installer friendly just need to mount the turbo and put the fuel pump in i am going to try and see if i cant get pics up soon

01cobrajm

Established Member
I really have a hard time believing others that the kit is going on smooth, shit the first couple pipes rub like no other on the k-member (the horse shoe pipe). going to do some grinding, tube k's are weak to began with then we gotta hack it to fit this kit. not going to lie pretty pist!

BlackDragon

Because Race Car...
Established Member
I really have a hard time believing others that the kit is going on smooth, shit the first couple pipes rub like no other on the k-member (the horse shoe pipe). going to do some grinding, tube k's are weak to began with then we gotta hack it to fit this kit. not going to lie pretty pist!

What kind of k-member do you have?

bad01cobra

Established Member
i did not have any problems with that pipe if your car is twisted or ever been in a accident this is were you would have problems mine is in and did not have to grind anything good luck to you

01cobrajm

Established Member
Na man my car has never been in a wreck, the pipe hits on the inside and outside of my k-member(back driverside mount). I will try to post some pics tonight, going to work on it some more today.

BAD01COBRA- is you exhaust tight or still loose from the install.

bad01cobra

Established Member
all of mine is tight now mine touches a hair in the same spot but its not hurting any thing so i am just going to leave it be

01cobrajm

Established Member
all of mine is tight now mine touches a hair in the same spot but its not hurting any thing so i am just going to leave it be

just remember your motor moves unless you have solid mounts so thers a good chance its going to rattle from vibration of the motor, the powder coating might help so it doesnt rattle at first. :shrug:

bad01cobra

Established Member
i should be able to put some up tonite its not bad other then that all my piping is done just have to finish oil return and and put the injectors in and wait for my tune and mass air to get here if they are here by the weekend i should be up and running :beer:

bad01cobra

Established Member
i agree the only people that put this kit down is the ones that spent 5-8 grand and make less power then i will

Users who are viewing this thread