on3performance install on my 01 cobra begins

01cobrajm

Established Member
Well just got done doing the suspension install not to bad a little ghetto but o-well, in dire need of an alignment now and got an appointment tomorrow. Start the turbo install next weekend.

bad01cobra

Established Member
:banana:good luck i go thur to get my k member and coilovers installed hate waiting but could not use a lift untill then then i can finish my install and download my tune

01cobrajm

Established Member
good luck to everyone,So far ive done everything in my driveway, its not bad beside the rain LOL.

03screamingSVT

Established Member
I was over at the shop Friday and they have the laser cut brackets for the turbo support in. If you didnt get the turbo support bracket with your kits, call and they will get you a set shipped. Its a simple concept but will help keep your turbo supported and weight off the turbo plumbing.

adler

Established Member
Where are you guys bolting the turbo brackets to? I didnt get any instructions with mine... I have mine going from 1 bolt on the compressor housing/backing plate to the top stud coming off of the valve cover.

2002mustanggt

Turbo 2V
Established Member
I was over at the shop Friday and they have the laser cut brackets for the turbo support in. If you didnt get the turbo support bracket with your kits, call and they will get you a set shipped. Its a simple concept but will help keep your turbo supported and weight off the turbo plumbing.

I need that asap, any pic ??

2001Snake

It will be fast one day
Established Member
I'm having my QA1 k member put on tommorow and then starting my kit! I'm ready to get started.

Not trying to correct you but didn't Chad recomend not putting the intercooler on first?? Maybe not but I thought I saw that in the instructions.

Good luck man!
Jay

Furinox

Established Member
Sweet!! I'm starting my install of the on3 in a week! FYI I talked to my tuner and he said that the svt focus would run out at about 8 psi of boost and that I should get a bap and 60lb injectors. I currently have 42's and I plan on running about 12-17 lbs of boost once I get the forged bottom end. Any how when I get started on mine I'll contribute to your post here and if we have problems we can help each other.

Good luck man

Jay

if you're wanting to run 17 lbs of boost there is no way a focus pump and bap is going to be enough fuel.

2001Snake

It will be fast one day
Established Member
Well I may have to upgrade some more later then and just turn the boost down a bit. I'm sure 10-12 pounds will be fine for now. I got my k member on today so bright and early in the morning I'll get started on it. Yayyy!

2001Snake

It will be fast one day
Established Member
Well guys I just started my kit today and I'm kinda suprised of how well it's going! I have all of the hot side loosly bolted up and I'm about to go get the turbo mounted tight with the gasket and drill and tap the pan. Everything is going well but I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to take the oem fan out and run a couple 10" fans instead. There's not much room between the pulleys, turbo and the fan. I'll try to get some pics up later tonight of the hot side!

The A/C lines are very close to the turbo but I'm not sure yet if I'll have to re rout them yet because nothing is tight yet.

2001Snake

It will be fast one day
Established Member
I worked on mine some more today and I've got all the hot side done, mounted the turbo, all the cold side exept for the intercooler and now I'm working on drilling and tapping the pan. This kit goes on easy as hell! I had to grind just a little off of the k member where the pipe hooks to the driver side manifold but no big deal. I'll post pics tonight of what it looks like!

Any questions feel free to ask!

Jay

bad01cobra

Established Member
i am still waiting on k member to get here was supose to be here last wed but upr sucks and i will never order from them again there customer service sucks and when something is backorderd they should tell you not wait untill you dont get it to figure that out but what ever its comming today and will get on the hotside tommorow hopefully i have 3 weeks left to get the car ready for ocean city cruzin week

stang8762

Established Member
I worked on mine some more today and I've got all the hot side done, mounted the turbo, all the cold side exept for the intercooler and now I'm working on drilling and tapping the pan. This kit goes on easy as hell! I had to grind just a little off of the k member where the pipe hooks to the driver side manifold but no big deal. I'll post pics tonight of what it looks like!

Any questions feel free to ask!

Jay

Please do i will be asking for any tips when your done b/c i will start my install hopefully this weekend

Users who are viewing this thread