on3performance install on my 01 cobra begins

bad01cobra

Established Member
just got my on3performance kit and only got as far as getting every thing unwrapped and sorted threw (it was late when the ups guy showed up) will try to put pics up as i go looks like a very nice kit and the hot side is a thicker gauge then my slp cat back so i dont see where any body can say the piping is junk i am happy so far with it and caint wait to get this car up and runnig

bad01cobra

Established Member
What did you decide on for the kit as far as :

Turbo
Injectors
Mass air
Fuel system

im going to order mine as well

i went with the standard turb that comes with the kit and injectors went with 42 lb bosch mass air i am buying the on on3p sells and fuel i went with a focus svt pump

2001Snake

It will be fast one day
Established Member
Sweet!! I'm starting my install of the on3 in a week! FYI I talked to my tuner and he said that the svt focus would run out at about 8 psi of boost and that I should get a bap and 60lb injectors. I currently have 42's and I plan on running about 12-17 lbs of boost once I get the forged bottom end. Any how when I get started on mine I'll contribute to your post here and if we have problems we can help each other.

Good luck man

Jay

Ironhand

Banned
no problem i have to figure out how to post pics but i live in baltimore md around whitemarsh

What....! Do you know where Edgewood is for APG..?? I went to AIT in Edgewood and on the weekends went to the Whitemarsh Mall. lol

Blk4V00GT

Established Member
Looking forward to seeing the builds and numbers. I'm about to buy this kit for my 00gt w mark 8 motor swap.
Are you still running stock motor at this point or are you fully built and plan on running a lot of boost?

01cobrajm

Established Member
has anyone gone with the suspension kit on3 sells, im doing the install right now, k-member was cake but dealing with the cheap ass UPR products got me pretty pissed! all the grinding to get it to fit, then on top of the shock/ghetto strut setup it doesnt fit right if any has done this or is doing this that can chime in would be great. thanks guys

bad01cobra

Established Member
Sweet!! I'm starting my install of the on3 in a week! FYI I talked to my tuner and he said that the svt focus would run out at about 8 psi of boost and that I should get a bap and 60lb injectors. I currently have 42's and I plan on running about 12-17 lbs of boost once I get the forged bottom end. Any how when I get started on mine I'll contribute to your post here and if we have problems we can help each other.

Good luck man

Jay

yea thanks man i am in the middle of building a forged 03 block then i am doing the entire fuel system to a return style but way down the rd just wana have fun with boost so 8 psi is good for now but like you i want to push 20-25 psi eventualy

bad01cobra

Established Member
has anyone gone with the suspension kit on3 sells, im doing the install right now, k-member was cake but dealing with the cheap ass UPR products got me pretty pissed! all the grinding to get it to fit, then on top of the shock/ghetto strut setup it doesnt fit right if any has done this or is doing this that can chime in would be great. thanks guys

great i just oreder this kit with upr coil overs and i talked to chad at on3performance and any one doing the 4valve kit has to go with the qa1 set up as they cant say if it will fit with other ones

Blk4V00GT

Established Member
great i just oreder this kit with upr coil overs and i talked to chad at on3performance and any one doing the 4valve kit has to go with the qa1 set up as they cant say if it will fit with other ones

i have the full qa1 set up on mine but i would be doing the 4v turbo kit for a couple weeks till i see how yours turns out. the 2v kit can be done with the upr stuff just not as good of fitment

bad01cobra

Established Member
well so far so good doing what i can untill sat when my friends lift is avaliable then we are putting the k member in and once thats in should be about 2 weeks and i should be done the intercooler is all mounted and the tubbing is heat wrapped just waiting on k member should be here wed :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread