MrAjsTech

Enthusiast
Established Member
Hey guys! So as some of you may know we recently installed a Whipple 2.9L whipple stage 2 supercharger kit on Ash's 2016 GT. The car is an absolute blast and although the car gets a fair amount of whine from the blower by itself, we decided to try out Shawn Foster's "Stage 4" Sound tube mod.

All I have to say is WOW. The whine is crazy loud. It reminds me of a Ford GT with how loud and distinct the whine is. Check out the video below to get an idea of how loud it is.

The kit is simple and includes drill bits and everything needed to hook it up. I was a little sketched about drilling into the MAF housing but AFR is spot on and the other end of the tube is sealed so no MAF air leaks. Shawn also makes this mod for other superchargers and even other make cars.

msp.ecoboost

Established Member
Oh man that sounds so awesome! Those GT's with a WHIPPLE sure hit the spot! If I may ask, how much power are we talking?

Sent from my Z812 using Tapatalk

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
Did I see raindrops on the windshield during some of those pulls? If so, how the fook could she keep it WOT? Gotta give her credit, she drives/shifts pretty damn good.

S/C whine is totally addicting. I love my Roush TVS, it's almost as loud as hers, hahahahhaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That 5.0 sounds really good. Love the whine. She sure knows how to row the gears. ;)

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
Sounds really good, that's the one thing I've missed going from a cobra/gt500 to a 5.0 but everyone I've talked to say it's because how efficient the newer superchargers are. My theory has been not spinning it hard enough and the enclosed airbox. My tvs flys but man its quiet. Anyone else think afr at 11.7-11.9 wot on pump gas is pushing it? No wonder the whipples are making so much power.

4a7191a

Established Member
I ran 11.7 in my evo all the time . Depends on where the timing is for how lean.

The more I read on these new mustangs the more my urge for a used Shelby diminishes.

macman313

I stopped watching your videos after you smashed the spark plugs into the bench to gap them.. If your gonna be a "car" channel at least do stuff right.

Users who are viewing this thread