Oklahoma City Meet on 39th & Street Racing

ArchdukePoland

Established Member
Hey everyone-

Just posted a video of the Saturday ritual meet on 39th street & some racing in "Mexico" footage. I'll try to get some racing of the Shelby next time. Everyone meets on 39th street every Saturday night. This has been going on for several decades. If I can get some really good racing footage then I'll post a video of just that with no music.

Again if the link doesn't work check out the video on my channel: Matthew Lidwell

https://youtu.be/0zVlfQmM-ec

limitedex

Love me some SVT
Established Member
Cool!

Had no idea cars still did this. Must have been since like 2001 that I went in my buddies vette.
He was 16 and spoiled. Not me...: /

ViperRed91GT

Lightning Guru
Established Member
Cool vid. Thought about driving through last week, hadn't been there in over a decade. Big boys still meet at Sonic?

ArchdukePoland

Established Member
limitedex-

They still are meeting on the strip. The vast majority of the guys are fresh out of high school, which kind of makes me feel old. What part of the city do you live in? I'm up in Edmond off of 150th and McArthur.

ViperRed91GT-

I didn't drive by sonic that night to see if they still hang out there. I assume they still do. Last year the cops were running people out of sonic, so I hadn't chilled there every since.

I hear the bad-a cars race near Frontier City. I need to find out where exactly. Have you guys ever hanged out at RS Fuel on Saturday night before the owner shut that down? That was the best meet location with Lambos, Vipers, Bikes, Cammed Camaros, GTRs, etc.

limitedex

Love me some SVT
Established Member
Ya buddy. I'm near 178th and Western.

That figures. I was in high school the last time I went to 39th.

Never heard of FC or RS fuel hangouts. I'm more into car shows anyways not late night Mexico racing.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The Mexico racing just keeps getting better! How frequent do the (Mexican) cops patrol that area?

ViperRed91GT

Lightning Guru
Established Member
limitedex-

They still are meeting on the strip. The vast majority of the guys are fresh out of high school, which kind of makes me feel old. What part of the city do you live in? I'm up in Edmond off of 150th and McArthur.

ViperRed91GT-

I didn't drive by sonic that night to see if they still hang out there. I assume they still do. Last year the cops were running people out of sonic, so I hadn't chilled there every since.

I hear the bad-a cars race near Frontier City. I need to find out where exactly. Have you guys ever hanged out at RS Fuel on Saturday night before the owner shut that down? That was the best meet location with Lambos, Vipers, Bikes, Cammed Camaros, GTRs, etc.

Yes, that was the meetup place where races were setup etc. Like limited, I haven't been out there since high school, or maybe a year or two after.

Novtec1

TIE Fighter Pilot
Established Member
Man i havent been out to 38th since....jesus.. when the subaru dealership was still there.....RS fuels usually has the High HP crowd though.

Never_Enough

Established Member
Nice. I miss the days of doing that stuff. Not happening around here anymore unless you want to go to jail.

Ackbar00

The Peoples Choice
Established Member
LOOK I AM NOT KIDDING!!

[video=youtube;YkaPEFAh8Kw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkaPEFAh8Kw[/video]

ArchdukePoland

Established Member
I only been at this spot two times this year and the cops have not made an appearance yet.

Last year at a spot about a mile or two away the cops showed up and ended it. The last race was between an EVO & late 90's cammed SS Camaro. EVO won but the cop the decided to get him over the Camaro.

I met a really cool guy last night that has a twin hellion S550 5.0. Him & his buddys hang out on the east side of the city. I plan on checking it out. It seems that they do more roll racing and the cars are much faster. Hopefully I can get some well lit videos.

Users who are viewing this thread