ok need help guys & yes i searched 1st before posting

mmustangsrus

boost makes daddy happy
Established Member
like the title says !!! :dw:

i did the "red monster " C.O.P. conversion & MMR intake spacer & the MMR IMRC delete plates 1st of the yr on my brothers 97-cobra ( my old car )

well when i did the imrc delete i must have missed the back bolt holes & it had a vacuum leak well i got that fixed!!!!! :banana:

and now the car wont idle with the tube that goes to the air intake & it plugs in the under the IAC motor.... if you unplug it & put a vacuum cap on that tube ( under the IAC MOTOR ) it runs strong & revs real clean & TPS voltage its supposed to be.

BUT WHEN DRIVING & THEN COME TO A STOP IT DIES EVERY TIME :cuss:

i rechecked my gaskets for nicks & cuts ( all good there & not crushed in any spots either )

motor mods are
custom D.I.Y. oil seperator ( looks simular to mine )
[ame=http://www.svtoanashville.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6550]D.I.Y. oil septarator with a catch can - SVTOA Nashville Forums[/ame]
ngk tr55
factory 96-98 cobra tb
tunable induction c.a.i.
Tunable Induction LLC The Original Mustang True Cold Air Intake System . Now Partnered with Unique Tuning LLC The Carolinas #1 Source for Mustang & Dodge Performance Parts, Service And Dynojet Tuning Using Diablosport And SCT Tuning Software
"red monster" c.o.p. conversion
"new ford c.o.p.`s )
mmr intake spacer
mmr imrc delete plates
IAC restrictor plate ( found on svtp for idle issues & they work btw )
bbk long tubes
magnaflow catted x-pipe
mangaflow mufflers ( not magna paks )

stuff that was replaced when i did the swap
new ford c.o.p.`s
new ford iac
new ford tps
new new ngk tr55`s
new ford fuel filter
cleaned the filter ( not with k&n cleaner )
cleaned maf

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP IN ADVANCE !!!!! :beer: :rockon:

Last edited:

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
and now the car wont idle with the tube that plugs that goes to the air intake & it plugs in under the IAC motor well if you unplug it & put a vacuum cap on that tube ( under the IAC MOTOR ) it runs strong & revs real clean & TPS voltage its supposed to be.

what?

Asupreme1

Established Member
I had the same thing happed to me when I cleaned my IMRC's. Some how all that carb cleaner killed the IAC valve.

mwolson

Gray beard
Established Member
You really need a new tune after all those changes. Your manifold volume has changed, so the accelerator pump algorithm in the tune will be off. Your IMRCs are gone, so you'll set a CEL and your IMRC spark adder tables will never kick in, giving up a lot of power. Your O2 Transport Delay parameter is way off, so the PCM is screwing up your AF trying to control it at idle.

Another thing that can cause it to die as you are coming to a stop is if you are not getting a VSS signal to the PCM. If your speedometer isn't working, then that is a big clue.

The PCM uses a more aggressive dashpot function when you are stopped than it does when you are moving. That is because, when you are moving, your power steering and power brakes are putting a load on the engine, and the engine will die if you don't have a more conservative dashpot function. So, if you don't have a VSS signal, the PCM assumes you are stopped, and it drops the idle too fast and the load from your steering and brakes kills the engine.

mmustangsrus

boost makes daddy happy
Established Member
sorry stupid auto correct i was posting from my phone cause internet @ my house was down

This.

Those plates are just a mask for a bad iac or one needing a tune. Believe me, I know. I'm running one right now until I get a new iac.
it is new ! & the plate really helps ! my friend has a 98 with the ford racing high lift kit & even after a tune it still had high idle issuse & the plate corrected it

You really need a new tune after all those changes. Your manifold volume has changed, so the accelerator pump algorithm in the tune will be off. Your IMRCs are gone, so you'll set a CEL and your IMRC spark adder tables will never kick in, giving up a lot of power. Your O2 Transport Delay parameter is way off, so the PCM is screwing up your AF trying to control it at idle.

Another thing that can cause it to die as you are coming to a stop is if you are not getting a VSS signal to the PCM. If your speedometer isn't working, then that is a big clue.

The PCM uses a more aggressive dashpot function when you are stopped than it does when you are moving. That is because, when you are moving, your power steering and power brakes are putting a load on the engine, and the engine will die if you don't have a more conservative dashpot function. So, if you don't have a VSS signal, the PCM assumes you are stopped, and it drops the idle too fast and the load from your steering and brakes kills the engine.
its getting re-tuned sat anyway &

speedo works & yes it has a vss signal i can see it on the live wire & it also it has a T-56 swap

crazycarlo

Established Member
my guess is it just needs to be tuned. My car used to do it on the old e-mail tune... then i had it dyno tuned and the problem is no more. Another thing is the MMR spacer really doesn't add any power so I'm curious as to why u have it on there. If anything i think it would kill a little power.

Users who are viewing this thread