Ok 5.4 dreamers, have at it!

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
Eating a steady diet of government cheese, and liv
the shelby bits are in the ford parts supply pipeline now.

so who is going to be the first to have an all-aluminum 5.4 with a twin screw on top?

SHELBY_int1.jpg

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
sure i would love to go 5.4 eventually, but i would think there would need to be alot of "tweaking" - it's certainly not a bolt-in affair, right?

the only sn95 chassis with the 5.4 mod motor was the 2000 cobra r, and i think they used a special crossmember that lowered the engine a few inches to get it to fit (?)

whippleblown03

Established Member
alot more parts than just an intake is going to be needed. my whipple is not going to bolt to that intake either. who ever gets a 5.4 in there 03-04 cobra needs to make up a break down and cost of everthing invloved. its going to be spendy!

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Swapping to a 5.4 is not necessary. For less money you can work with what we have, and get more power and torque than 99% of the people will ever want. But for those that do, I admire the work that you will put into it.

-Jeff

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
ShelbyGuy said:
yeah you say that now. wait till the first modded shelby shows you its taillights.

For a fraction of the cost of upgrading to a 5.4 I can drop in a Teksid, Make everything bullet proof, run enough boost to tap 650 hp on pump gas and never worry about seeing a street legal GT500's tail lights. To be honest I think it will be quite a while before I do with what I have under the hood right now. :) IMO anything over 600 hp is to much for the street. At least to enjoy. Sure you may see some built and modded GT500's in the 700-800hp mark on the street the future (not on pump gas), but that is just stupid power IMO. My point is that the 4.6 can deliver (for the money ) everything that you need for a street car. Dropping a 5.4 in would be purely novelty on a street car IMO.

-Jeff

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Jimmysidecarr said:
Hmmmm... :idea:
That might be adaptable to the "speed demon" wife's Navigator... :poke:

She'd KILL ME!!! :bash: :burn:

Probably just a head swap away :)

MidLifeC

PCa Survivor
Established Member
I can think of more than a few people who would rather have a naturally aspirated all Aluminum 5.0 or 5.4 motor.

Imagine the weight savings in the front of the car and not having to worry about the heat from forced induction.

Users who are viewing this thread