Oil for Daily Drivers

GotBoost?!

Established Member
Mustang - Once it's ready for the road,yes it will run only synthetic

Explorer - Has been on a synthetic diet since it's been first driven

Crown Vic - Uses 5w30 Havoline conventional oil,has 260,xxx miles without any issues.

Black Thunder 715

Established Member
Yes. Even my new lawn mower. My old one ran for over 14 yrs. with Mobil 1 and I threw it away because one of the mounts for the wheels broke and couldn't be fixed but the engine never quit. I also run RP two cycle synthetic oil in my weed trimmer and my leaf blower.

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
I use synthetic in the CTS-V, and Wrangler. I save that oil and use it in my 95 accord. It burns oil so fast I need to find more sources for half used synthetic.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I ran plain old Castrol 10W-30 almost exclusively in my old Cherokee for 175,000 miles. Changed is every 3,000 miles and used Motorcraft or Wix FL-1A oil filters. The engine always ran smooth, used no oil, and was insanely clean inside the valve cover.

I'm currently running very old (time wise) Royal Purple 5W-30 and a Wix filter in my Explorer.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member

30. Always 30.

Why?:dw::shrug:

Because thicker oil and higher oil pressure always equals better protection?
Because it doesn't.

A high quality 5W-20, in an engine designed for it, will make more power and get better fuel economy than an equivalent 5W-30, even one from the same company.

Black Thunder 715

Established Member
Why?:dw::shrug:

Because thicker oil and higher oil pressure always equals better protection?
Because it doesn't.

A high quality 5W-20, in an engine designed for it, will make more power and get better fuel economy than an equivalent 5W-30, even one from the same company.
Because the engine "ticks" more with 5W20. At least mine does. Not so with 5W30 or 10W30.

Users who are viewing this thread