oil filters

Rainman15

Petey RIP 04/29/05
Established Member
Originally posted by ChrisNelson
Wix Filters , Mobil 1.

FRAM FILTERS ARE THE WORST FILTER YOU CAN BUY!! get it??

If I won a lifetime supply of Frams and Wix filters cost $100 each I'd still use the Wix.

FRAMS SUCK.

You're just jealous cause you don't have this

617186_222_full.jpg

:p

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
Originally posted by Rainman15
You're just jealous cause you don't have this

617186_222_full.jpg

:p

Funny. I'm stong enough to get the filter off without that crap.

Spray in bedliners are for truckbeds, not oil filters. All it is, is a gimmick. If you like it, use it. Oh yeah, if you like gimmicks go get yourself a Tornado. They add a ton of power and mileage!
:-D

Rainman15

Petey RIP 04/29/05
Established Member
Originally posted by ChrisNelson
Funny. I'm stong enough to get the filter off without that crap.

Chris, I'm not trying to start a pissing match here, but my last dead lift set this morning was 495. When was the last time you yanked 10 plates off the deck? Strength isn't the issue. The only problem is I never heard anything bad about fram products until I started reading posts on this site. I've used fram filters for nearly 20 years averaging 20-30k miles per year without ever loosing a motor, or having any lubrication related problems. What about fram filters makes them so bad?

blackflash

Established Member
You know Rainman15, I have to back you up on this. I’ve been using Fram oil filters for years in every car/truck I’ve owned. Never had one problem with these filters. I use the Fram X2 in my Lightning, and it holds up just fine. The X2 has a metal screen backing the media. And has heavy metal end caps {all other Fram filters have cardboard} and the X-2 has a 2-layer filter medium. The X-2 does have a plastic by-pass valve that many people don’t like. Most of the negative reviews I have seen were only about Frams Extra Guard/Tough Guard and Double Guard. These reviews were last updated in and around the year 2000.

Rainman15

Petey RIP 04/29/05
Established Member
Yea thanks for that info. I'm not trying to get :burn: I just keep hearing people slamming fram but nobody ever gives a reason why they think fram sucks. I'll get something different and change oil this weekend. I'm due anyway...

OH-MAN

Established Member
I used fram on a lot of vehicles for a lot of years never thought about it, never had a failure so they are not unable to do the job. I saw the info Sid listed a while ago and it changed my mind. I can use a better in my opinion filter for my truck that I am pushing hard at the track and want the extra quality provided.
Everyone has an opinion and can use whichever they like.
There is some oil info about types and dino vs syn ect I saw on a mustang board which I do not have:shrug: to show but again it changed my mind about which oil I was using and I will not say which one because I do not have that info to show. Lord knows we don't want a holy oil war:eek:

Users who are viewing this thread