Oil continues to fall

moddestmike

2 Degrees/Still Confused
Established Member
Oil price drops are usually reflected at the pump about a month to 1 1/2 months later. Be patient guys.

moddestmike

2 Degrees/Still Confused
Established Member
To add to your theory:

When the gas stations pay for their fuel before a hurricane and it jumps +$2.00 overnight... what is the explanation for that?

Thats because the price per barrel went up a month prior.

inuswo

Hopeless SVT Fan
Established Member
I guess that makes a little sense, but its still bullshit.

They bought the higher priced oil, and have to sell it off before we can see the lower priced gas at the pump. Ok.

But, when oil shoots up, they sure are ****ing quick to run outside and flip those dollars from 3 to 4 to 5 and so on. Speculation much? I think it should be illegal as hell for gas companies to make anymore than a set profit on these types of things. Other energy resources are regulated this way, why isn't gas?

129saleen

Saleen poster
Established Member
I think it should be illegal as hell for gas companies to make anymore than a set profit on these types of things. Other energy resources are regulated this way, why isn't gas?

There are laws against it, it's just hard to prove it against gas stations I believe.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Oil price drops are usually reflected at the pump about a month to 1 1/2 months later. Be patient guys.

any way i can just skip the expensive stuff and buy the cheap future gas now? :??::banana:

just tell the clerk at the station, "nah, nah, dont give me any of that $3.65 bullshit. give me some of that January stuff for about 2fiddy." :-D

brucewrs

UDLOSE
Established Member
I get a kick out of the stations stating we filled our tanks at a higher price that is why the price has not dropped yet...
Then why do they raise their prices twice in one day when oil goes up?

harry gilbert

Diehard Ford Fan
Established Member
If this keeps up, gas will soon be 65 cents a gallon and stations will be giving away sets of drinking glasses with every fillup. Nah, that could never happen.....

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
I get a kick out of the stations stating we filled our tanks at a higher price that is why the price has not dropped yet...
Then why do they raise their prices twice in one day when oil goes up Because somebody saw a rain cloud in the gulf of Mexico.

Finished your sentence. :-D

I really wanted to see some OPEC bashing with this thread. They are starting to panic. lol

Last edited:

NOXCUSES

Z0SICK
Established Member
To add to your theory:

When the gas stations pay for their fuel before a hurricane and it jumps +$2.00 overnight... what is the explanation for that?

Thats the fear of not having GAS not CRUDE. You are mixing the two together. There was a point were they slowed down how much oil they bought, therefore there was less gas being made. All of sudden there is a run on gas or a break in the supply chain and boom you get a price spike.

NOXCUSES

Z0SICK
Established Member
i can buy that, but shouldnt it have take awhile to go up too then? they were immediately skyrocketing as soon as crude prices were rising.

Thats because you didnt realize gas was rising until the media made a huge deal about it. By the time you probably noticed it was too late.

moddestmike

2 Degrees/Still Confused
Established Member
I guess that makes a little sense, but its still bullshit.

They bought the higher priced oil, and have to sell it off before we can see the lower priced gas at the pump. Ok.

But, when oil shoots up, they sure are ****ing quick to run outside and flip those dollars from 3 to 4 to 5 and so on. Speculation much? I think it should be illegal as hell for gas companies to make anymore than a set profit on these types of things. Other energy resources are regulated this way, why isn't gas?

Futures is what its called, investors/analyst predict the price will go up and it reflects in the market before it actually does. The prediction acts as a price hike/cut.

moddestmike

2 Degrees/Still Confused
Established Member
any way i can just skip the expensive stuff and buy the cheap future gas now? :??::banana:

Just tell the clerk at the station, "nah, nah, dont give me any of that $3.65 bullshit. Give me some of that january stuff for about 2fiddy." :-d

lol

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
all i know is those idiots on Always Sunny in Philadelphia better get rid of those barrels they stocked up on FAST! :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread