Oil Change with MightyVac (Oil extractor)

blkGT500nCA

Established Member
Hey OP, I don't think it'll work. You couldn't suck the oil from the dip stick because it doesn't go to the bottom of the pan. The only place you could suck the oil from would be a fitting at the pan. At this point you've completely ruined your mightyvac by filling it up with used motor oil. Now it's only good for that one purpose.

Plus, you still have to remove the oil filter, which is the messiest part of the entire job. So is you consider all of the unnecessary work you're creating for yourself, and turning a 10 minute job into a 15 minute job, I think you'd be better off letting gravity do the work and let the oil drain out of the tapped hole that Ford puts in the pan for us.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Yes the tad in the filter would require something to catch it but not necessarily a pan.

It's more than "a tad" and happens to be the messiest part of the entire process. One of these would be advised:

11838.jpg

.... I normally dont change my own oil.

That explains a lot.

'14 Shelby

Established Member
It's more than "a tad" and happens to be the messiest part of the entire process. One of these would be advised:

11838.jpg

That explains a lot.

Lol! I didn't say I've never changed oil. I've only had this one a year and haven't had to do it myself yet.

JpL4K3

Established Member
From the sound of it the OP can probably suck his cars dipstick tube a lot harder than a MityVac ever could...

Users who are viewing this thread