Oil change frequcy Time or Mileage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacslx

Established Member
2004 Cobra with 20k on the clock currently. Bought it with 16k 2 years ago. It gests driven on the weekends mostly. It has Mobile One full synthetic when I got it. I have papers showing a religious oil change at 3000 miles from the previous owner. Oil was changed last year in May. Since then about 1000 miles have been driven.

So question is,still change oil at 3000mi or 3-4 months even if haven't driven 3000mi?

JuStAkId

Just roll with it
Established Member
For a car not driven a lot I would change it once a year or 3,000 miles. Whatever comes first.

LoudToy948

Ford Family
Established Member
For a car not driven a lot I would change it once a year or 3,000 miles. Whatever comes first.

This is what I do. Once a year with a good synthetic. Have the valve covers off right now for painting and all looks great.

Gixxerride04

Established Member
I'm in the same boat. I use the same oil and change it once a year in the fall before I put it away for storage

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I do the same! Once a year. I run royal purple hps. I've been reading up on here that if you want true 100% synthetic mobil 1 you have to run there extended performance line.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
In the Cobra and my truck I change them on a yearly basis. I dont put enough miles on either of them to change it regularly. In my Civic I change it every 4k using Amsoil OE oil, in the wifes Escape I run Amsoil SS and change it 7500-10k.

1hot281

Established Member
Once a year. Preferably in spring, when the car comes out of storage... That way, you're running fresh robust oil for the summer months.

T-Pain808

I Love Asian Girls!!!
Established Member

I dont even hit 3000 miles a year. But Amsoil here, once a year, or just a little over a year. Trying to stretch it a little. Lol

I do the same! Once a year. I run royal purple hps. I've been reading up on here that if you want true 100% synthetic mobil 1 you have to run there extended performance line.

One word, Amsoil :burnout:

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
The oils been in mine for a year and a half with about 2K on it. Need to change it I guess.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I dont even hit 3000 miles a year. But Amsoil here, once a year, or just a little over a year. Trying to stretch it a little. Lol

One word, Amsoil :burnout:

Royal Purple HPS is a great oil, high in zinc and phosphorus. I'll stick with that.

04SVTMystic