OG SVT Guys

NotoriousGT350

Lubbock Terminator
Established Member
Silver cobra on there was Tony’s cobra or LTHL VNM. Remember racing him one time and edge him by a bumper. 2 whining, ported eatons going back and forth with every gear change was epic when we raced. Too bad video wasn’t produced. Also beat a H/C/I 376 T/A with a 150-175 shot before I raced Tony.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Back in the day, Leo's impersonations were hilarious. He was the guy who always had his group laughing at his antics. And then, didn't he get caught in a financial scam? Anybody remember what happened? I don't remember exactly what happened, so I'm not going to speculate. Whatever it was, he went from the guy everyone wanted to be around to the nobody wanted to be around. That particular video was one of my favorites. His impersonations were awesome.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Back in the day, Leo's impersonations were hilarious. He was the guy who always had his group laughing at his antics. And then, didn't he get caught in a financial scam? Anybody remember what happened? I don't remember exactly what happened, so I'm not going to speculate. Whatever it was, he went from the guy everyone wanted to be around to the nobody wanted to be around. That particular video was one of my favorites. His impersonations were awesome.
Hmmm I hadn’t heard anything on that. I never went out racing with them but the fuel slut corner was always a good time

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
He was the guy who always had his group laughing at his antics. And then, didn't he get caught in a financial scam?

One of the reasons I consider The Fast and The Furious to be one of the most accurate car movies ever.

A bunch of dudes trying to act tough, show off, failing to get laid and ripping each other off while spouting off nonsense about cars when they don't know shit.

Like one time, I had a guy telling me I should totally "SR swap my 240" cause "SR's are JDM Turbo engines and make like 300hp!" - while he was looking at my 400hp built SR swapped 240 - and a SR is a 200hp engine.

IMG_2467 (2).JPG

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Think his biggest hit was the Cobalt SS getting sprayed on the dyno and bye bye motor.

Are you referencing the kids that sprayed nitrous directly into the intake and then had their hearts broken when it went boom?

I forgot about that video regardless. Hilarious.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Are you referencing the kids that sprayed nitrous directly into the intake and then had their hearts broken when it went boom?

I forgot about that video regardless. Hilarious.

Years ago on one of the forums a guy with his brand new S2k installed a NOS kit by drilling and tapping the fittings into the valve cover - metal shavings into the engine and all.

Then tried to warranty it. Wish I still had the photos.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Years ago on one of the forums a guy with his brand new S2k installed a NOS kit by drilling and tapping the fittings into the valve cover - metal shavings into the engine and all.

Then tried to warranty it. Wish I still had the photos.

How else would you do it?

I don’t know why, but I’m always amazed at the things I see in person or online when it comes to someone having no clue what they’re doing but going full retard at it regardless.

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
Old vid of me vs the once tampa famous and "tampa stock" Havoc
Man do I miss the old Tampa racing scene before the ricers drew the attention of the fuzz so they brought out their helicopters unmarked crotch rockets

Had a buddy that worked at cycle springs and the 5-0 took their bikes there. One that sticks out was a gixxer 1k + laughing gas with red and blue lights hidden all over it

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Man do I miss the old Tampa racing scene before the ricers drew the attention of the fuzz so they brought out their helicopters unmarked crotch rockets

Had a buddy that worked at cycle springs and the 5-0 took their bikes there. One that sticks out was a gixxer 1k + laughing gas with red and blue lights hidden all over it
Yeah those we the days man

I remember being out on courtney cambell with some legit serious cars...im talkin 408 big single turbo vettes, whipple/kb and spray cobras, loop to loop dyno supras lol

Ill never forget one guy with an a sn95 with a sprayed 502 BBC walking around trying to bait liter and bigger bikes into losing thier money

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
Yeah those we the days man

I remember being out on courtney cambell with some legit serious cars...im talkin 408 big single turbo vettes, whipple/kb and spray cobras, loop to loop dyno supras lol

Ill never forget one guy with an a sn95 with a sprayed 502 BBC walking around trying to bait liter and bigger bikes into losing thier money
I remember an SB terminator w/ a procharger (IIRC, might have been the owner or someone that worked at the speed shop right next to Sunshine drag) that WALKED a bunch of friends on their 600s from a "flow of traffic on 19" roll and blew their minds.

Those were the days indeed

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
I remember an SB terminator w/ a procharger (IIRC, might have been the owner or someone that worked at the speed shop right next to Sunshine drag) that WALKED a bunch of friends on their 600s from a "flow of traffic on 19" roll and blew their minds.

Those were the days indeed
That car spent a lot of time in Coastal Dyno...it was fast when it wasnt broke lol

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I remember reading about the Tampa scene back then. Lots of racing action. Someone should do a Tampa Scene video documentary. LOL. Or resurrect some of the great racing videos.

HuntFishCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Most underrated video I would love to find is the silver 10th anny vert doing a burnout in the garage, door opens and smoke rolls out and it just rolls on down the street. Low key epic

Users who are viewing this thread