Official Terminator Diecast Thread

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
Well lurking on eBay I may have found some decals that will work. I found a “monogram” 99’ cobra model that has some decals. Bout it to take a shot on them. If they match good enough, I’ll be tackling this once we settle into the new house.

View attachment 1797024View attachment 1797025

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app
I bought that same kit. Now, it could be operator error (it isn't my first model build but it is my first one in like 10+years) but I couldn't finish this one. Dunno if it was something I did wrong in assembly or if it came out the box with a twist and a slight bow to the interior bucket which is preventing me from lining up the body to the completed interior+driveline. Sucks because that's the what? Second to last step?

How'd yours turn out?

Is Maisto still actively making all the colors you've said @Black Gold 380R or are you just saying that Maisto has made them at one time? I'm starting to get the itch to just get every color ford made (and the two(?) colors they didn't actually make).

Last edited:

HEMIMACH 98

Established Member
17034803895197939177869518253348.jpg

Gt40

HEMIMACH 98

Established Member
I do collect a lot of die cast mostly old hot rods lot NHRA Funny cars and top fuel dragster
Nascar

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Is Maisto still actively making all the colors you've said @Black Gold 380R or are you just saying that Maisto has made them at one time? I'm starting to get the itch to just get every color ford made (and the two(?) colors they didn't actually make).

Hello Boogie Man. I do not believe Maisto is actively making all the colors. I think they run a certain number of any batch and that's it.

I believe the only way to get them now is through Ebay.

And the only way to get every color Ford produced of the 03/04 Cobra is to have them custom made.

While I was custom painting these cars I had one guy do that. It was pretty cool to see his collection with every color.

Sent from my SM-G950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

muscleatsrice

Established Member
I bought that same kit. Now, it could be operator error (it isn't my first model build but it is my first one in like 10+years) but I couldn't finish this one. Dunno if it was something I did wrong in assembly or if it came out the box with a twist and a slight bow to the interior bucket which is preventing me from lining up the body to the completed interior+driveline. Sucks because that's the what? Second to last step?

How'd yours turn out?

I Havnt had a chance to tackle it yet. My plan was just to steel the decals from it lol

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Hello Everyone,

First off I am NOT back in this game yet. However, I am trying to build a replica of my Fox Body.

I'm using the 1/18 GMP brand to do this project. Let me tell you, now I know why I never went down this road before. GMP is a major PITA to work with LOL. Bunch of tiny screws and rivets holding this thing together. Also, their stuff has different designs. So, the front end from one car cannot simply bolt on to another car as the designs are different. Some front wheels are screwed on while other are pressed on.

What a PITA!!!! LOL.

This is the goal/design. My Fox Body has aftermarket wheels, but this is original and there are GMP parts available to mimic this look/design.
20231211_185127.jpg

This is what I'm starting with. It's an 89 drag car I recently got off eBay. It's in great shape, but as you can see was severely neglected.
20240505_112755_resized.jpg

My wife wouldn't get near it. Thought this thing was going to set off her allergies LMAO!!!!
20240505_112833_resized.jpg

Disassembly process started. This took me like 2 hours just to disassemble to this point (and I still had more to go with the rear hatch, glass, and interior panels). This was my very first time completely disassembling a GMP diecast. I did not want to break or damage anything so I really took my time to figure out if something was glued, press fit, screwed on or riveted on.
20240505_133447_resized.jpg

How the hell does something get this dusty? I'm removing the engine from this car and installing one that looks more factory with the original style intake.
20240505_123526_resized.jpg

This dash has some amazing detail. Although GMP is a PITA to take apart, this is why I like them so much. It even has the anniversary emblem on the dash.
20240505_123519_resized.jpg

This is my parts/donor car. Using the wheels and engine and hood off this car. This car became the parts car because when I purchased it I did not realize I already had one LOL (also why I decided to try to make a replica of my Fox Body). Besides..... this car has some broken parts on it like the spot lights on the doors, front police lights are broken and some other flaws. Another reason why I bought it because it was cheaper than normal.
20240505_170813_resized.jpg

5.0 engine I'm using for my project car.
20240505_170831_resized.jpg

The drag car has a cowl hood. So, I'll remove the piece in the center of this hood, do some body work and then install this hood on my project. In this picture you can see the spot light broken off and the fact it's missing a windshield wiper arm.
20240505_170909_resized.jpg

Let the games begin LMAO!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread