Official Terminator Diecast Thread

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Glenn
please let me know when you are back in the game, I added a new pony (a few months ago) to the stable and need a diecast of it.

Yes sir Will. Do you have any pictures of this new pony or a link to a thread here where you posted about it? I didn't know you got a new Mustang. Pretty cool brother!

Stage 4.6

Established Member
Yes sir Will. Do you have any pictures of this new pony or a link to a thread here where you posted about it? I didn't know you got a new Mustang. Pretty cool brother!

Attachments

• 20220716_150256.jpg
    20220716_150256.jpg
    592.9 KB · Views: 59
  • 20221108_065830.jpg
    20221108_065830.jpg
    377.1 KB · Views: 63

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Well lurking on eBay I may have found some decals that will work. I found a “monogram” 99’ cobra model that has some decals. Bout it to take a shot on them. If they match good enough, I’ll be tackling this once we settle into the new house.

View attachment 1797024View attachment 1797025

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

For a one time deal I say it's probably worth it. However, if someone needs more decals buying a whole model kit could be an expensive venture.

Good find though!

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Found this video of a guy assembling a diecast Cobra Convertible. Looks like he took a Red Fire Convertible and painted it yellow.

First the good. I think overall he did a good job. His assembly technique is similar to mine, but I use model glue to keep the parts in place. Overall his paint is decent. He disassembled the car completely in order to paint it. Very good/proper technique. The end of the video shows he reinstalled the decals, painted the chin spoiler and the lower part of the rear bumper black.

Now for the not so good. His overall paint job is decent, but it looks like he used a single stage instead of a base coat and clear coat. So, the model does not shine as much as I think it could. He also did not paint the underside completely. So, you can still see the original color when you flip the diecast upside down to look at the under carriage.

When he's taking the tape off the windshield you can still see the red on the inside. That piece is made out of clear plastic. So, you should sand off the original color completely before repainting it. Otherwise you can see the original color on the inside of the car. His decals look to be installed crooked and the Cobras are backwards. He painted the third brake light red instead of using a decal. So, it just looks like a red line. I would have added a license plate and I would have painted the bumper Cobra lettering.

Overall it's cool to see people still modifying these Maisto diecast cars.

Here is his disassembly process:

Last edited:

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member

Goocher0310th

Established Member
Damn, think I need to get back in the game lol.

Sent from my SM-G950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app
I'm watching this one. Even 2 a month could net you close to 1k Glenn.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
I'm watching this one. Even 2 a month could net you close to 1k Glenn.
That's what I was thinking based on this MC. I used to use the money from the diecast builds to help pay for my yearly trip to San Diego.

Maisto is making almost all the colors now. Think MC and OW are the only ones left for me lol.

I want to start again, but haven't found a way to paint yet. My wife says to build a shop out back. Easier said than done lol.

Goocher0310th

Established Member
That's what I was thinking based on this MC. I used to use the money from the diecast builds to help pay for my yearly trip to San Diego.

Maisto is making almost all the colors now. Think MC and OW are the only ones left for me lol.

I want to start again, but haven't found a way to paint yet. My wife says to build a shop out back. Easier said than done lol.

After the 65 project, I don't know if I would start another big project haha. I'd be driving that 65 as much as I could.

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member

Your WIFE told you to build a shop out back?! Jesus man, I know dudes that would kill to have their wives tell them that

Last edited:

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen

Still plenty for you! MC coupe/vert, OW coupe/vert, CO vert, SS coupe/vert, SM coupe, TR vert, Black vert, SY vert, ZY coupe/vert, MG coupe/vert, DSG vert, RF coupe, plus the 10th models.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
After the 65 project, I don't know if I would start another big project haha. I'd be driving that 65 as much as I could.

You know it's funny you mention that Chris. I have a neighbor who has a pretty stout Nova. He stopped by yesterday to checkout the 65. I asked him if he wanted to go for a ride and he accepted.

I went pretty hard on the car. He told me that he wouldn't want to run me because it would be too close and I might edge him out LMAO!!!

It was cool of him to say, but I was just having fun dropping the hammer and enjoying the car yesterday.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Your WIFE told you to build a shop out back?! Jesus man, I know dudes that would kill to have their wives tell them that

LMAO!!! Yes, she has been pushing this for years. However, she does have an agenda. Our master bedroom is above our garage. So, when I'm in there working away it's a little noisy in the master. So, um yeah, she wants me out back where I won't disturb her LMAO!!!

Users who are viewing this thread