Official Specs of Nissan GT-R Released.

XCELR8

I love my 4V
Established Member
Oh I dont know, traction maybe?

Lamborghini and Porsche seem to think its a good idea. . .:smmon:

So using your logic, the F40, F50, Enzo, Carrera GT, Koenigsegg CCX, Ford GT, Z06, Viper, M3/M5/M6, SLR McLaren, Vanquish S, Pagani Zonda and various other super cars, race cars and sports cars are doing it wrong then. You should write them a note and let 'em know.

AWD is heavy, unnecessary, expensive to manufacture, and increases drive train power loss substantially. If it was the end all, be all of cars, don't you think more of the finest pieces of machinery to grace this planet would have been AWD?

Don't answer that... it's rhetorical.

Last edited:

Pudmunkies

Established Member
Automatic taken from a 35k sedan??? Have you ever heard of lamborghini's or ferrari's?

The car does not have a torque corverter and it does not shift for you.. You control the shifts, it's just much faster than anyone could ever shift a manual transmission.

Having paddle shifters is not going to hurt sales on this car, if anything it'll help.

We've been over this in other threads. We understand that you prefer these DSG style paddle shifting technoboxes. Im beginning to think your left leg was torn off in some freak accident and your inability to properly operate a clutch pedal has created a stigma in your mind.

As for some of us, we will ALWAYS prefer a clutch pedal and a Gear selector lever. You cant beat the feeling of rowing through the gears, or modulating the clutch on a BITCHIN launch (that was bitchin because YOU used your skill to make it happen, not let a computer controlled clutchpack sort it out)

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
from what ive read, the car is an automatic, with paddles that allow you to shift if you want to. an old mans car!

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
Automatic taken from a 35k sedan??? Have you ever heard of lamborghini's or ferrari's?

Sorry, I should have used a comma. It states Nissan will use the same paddle shifters they put in the G35 sedans in the GT-R.

On a side note, the more I think about this car the less appealing it is to me. At the end of the day you are paying 80k for a car that says Nissan on it. Hearing Nissan just brings thoughts of poor paint and hit or miss quality. I know they have taken a big steps forward in the past few years though.

Last edited:

CalcVictim

Resident douchenozzle
Established Member
Sorry, I should have used a comma. It states Nissan will use the same paddle shifters they put in the G35 sedans in the GT-R.

On a side note, the more I think about this car the less appealing it is to me. At the end of the day you are paying 80k for a car that says Nissan on it. Hearing Nissan just brings thoughts of poor paint and hit or miss quality. I know they have taken a big steps forward in the past few years though.
I can play devil's advocate and say, that you are looking at this car with a negative prejudice.

At the end of the day you are paying 80k for a car that does 0-60 in under 4 seconds, handles amazingly, has a top notch interior and the looks are subjective. Also the idea of having all wheel drive plus the electro-hydraulic manual transmission equals very consistent launches and very consistent quarter mile times. Let's not forget the modability of a car that comes from the factory with forced induction.

I said previously that I would pick a Z06 but now I back away from that statement and will wait before I make a judgment. Even if I could afford 80k I have no loyalty to a brand but rather to my wallet and my right foot.

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
Good points. I guess my "negative prejudice" comes from poor experiences with Nissan/Infiniti products. On the other hand GM and Ford have produced their fair share of crap and I still would own many of their high-performance cars. I'm looking forward to the GT-R coming out, I'm wondering what its limitations are.

Users who are viewing this thread