Official Specs of Nissan GT-R Released.

From: http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/News/articleId=123047?tid=edmunds.il.home.photopanel..2.*

Dayum!

Most of the specifications aren't expected to be announced until Nissan's Tokyo show press conference on October 24, but today we know that the all-wheel-drive 2009 GT-R will get a 3.8-liter twin-turbo V6 that produces 473 horsepower and 434 pound-feet of torque. It'll drive all four wheels through a rear-mounted transaxle. The only transmission will be a GR6 dual-clutch six-speed automatic. And of course there will be paddle shifters for your enjoyment — the same leather-wrapped aluminum paddle shifters as Nissan uses in the G35 sedan.

Nissan says the GT-R will accelerate from zero to 60 mph in 3.5 seconds, finish the quarter-mile in 11.7 seconds and reach a top speed of 192 mph. Base price is expected to be less than $80,000.

Such a bad deal afterall for $80k.

Discuss.

MarvelMan

Established Member
Yes I've been waiting for a while to hear what it would finally be after years of waiting for a US release. Very good car for the cost vs other competitors. A little high in price for me. I gonna have to settle for something not quite as cool.

G2Mach1

Cameltosis
Established Member
Quite wicked... but at that price, I dont expect to see too many ricers tearing up the streets in them. Way outta my range in cost, but not my power.

JiggaStyles09

Established Member
cant wait for them to start hitting the road.

i have heard that there are going to be 3 trim levels:

base, black, and premium. however they are only going to be luxury options i.e. upgraded sound system, seats, maybe different rims, but power levels will be the same for all 3.

in any event i think its a great car, some may not like the looks, but you cant deny the performance. and i would bet on the 3.8L engine being a stout motor (forged) and able to handle much more than 473hp.

Last edited:

.n0b.

moar powa
Established Member
i would sport one right now! i think it LOOKS awesome. the specs are awesome also. there is so much potential for this car.

only downfall is its only auto w/ paddels.

otherwise, sick sick sick car IMO

JiggaStyles09

Established Member
is it a conventional automatic though? it says "dual clutch" so i am assuming that to mean its a type of sequential manual with paddles, rather than a true automatic.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
At that price range at least you won't see fanboys ricing them out. Looks like a stout package and they look pretty good too. For that price, I'd be all over a C6Z06 though.

CobraMarkVIII

Established Member
is it a conventional automatic though? it says "dual clutch" so i am assuming that to mean its a type of sequential manual with paddles, rather than a true automatic.

+1 i too, would like to know what the real deal is on the transmission, im surrounded by nissan die hard enthusiasts at my work, and they torture me and telling me ford is the worst ever... they talk like they are on nissan's pay roll and ford raped their family and burned their house down! this will b an interesting debate at work

DouBLeJ16

Roadkill Lurker
Established Member
I'm pretty sure these are just estimated times by nissan, Edmunds didn't test the car at all and this is not new news.. Just new to edmunds.

CobraMarkVIII

Established Member
At that price range at least you won't see fanboys ricing them out. Looks like a stout package and they look pretty good too. For that price, I'd be all over a C6Z06 though.
+1
i got a full look at a brand new zo6 from a guy who just bought a one. they are hands down the real deal... but this nissan is still a new car to see on the road. its different and thankfully it wont be a rice material

Gringo185

2nd Civ Div
Established Member
Your ricer logic < any other logic

WTF are you talking about? Stock for stock, the C6Z06 would keep up with, if not beat, the '09 GT-R. To make them cost the same, you'd have to add $10K in mods to the Z. In which case the bowtie would blow the doors off the GT-R. Nothing in my post even eluded to anything ricer. There was no mention of body kits, inter-foolers, massive fake spoilers, or anything of the sort.

CalcVictim

Resident douchenozzle
Established Member
WTF are you talking about? Stock for stock, the C6Z06 would keep up with, if not beat, the '09 GT-R. To make them cost the same, you'd have to add $10K in mods to the Z. In which case the bowtie would blow the doors off the GT-R. Nothing in my post even eluded to anything ricer. There was no mention of body kits, inter-foolers, massive fake spoilers, or anything of the sort.
I think he says you are a retard to compare a modded car to a stock one, I say you are a short sighted retard because a simple tune will increase the power on the GTR significantly just like any other turbo car out there.

Have a nice day

Users who are viewing this thread