Official Specs of Nissan GT-R Released.

WTF are you talking about? Stock for stock, the C6Z06 would keep up with, if not beat, the '09 GT-R. To make them cost the same, you'd have to add $10K in mods to the Z. In which case the bowtie would blow the doors off the GT-R. Nothing in my post even eluded to anything ricer. There was no mention of body kits, inter-foolers, massive fake spoilers, or anything of the sort.

Ricer logic is where people start comparing cars with $xxxx worth of mods to another stock car. Can I win the thread the thread by saying a foxbody with $65k in mods >Z06>GT-R?

Gringo185

2nd Civ Div
Established Member
I think he says you are a retard to compare a modded car to a stock one, I say you are a short sighted retard because a simple tune will increase the power on the GTR significantly just like any other turbo car out there.

Have a nice day

First of all, if you re-read my first post, you'll notice that my first comparison was between both the cars stock. Only then did I compare them, with the Z being modded.

STFU. -1

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
First of all, if you re-read my first post, you'll notice that my first comparison was between both the cars stock. Only then did I compare them, with the Z being modded.

STFU. -1

Please. You put the first comparison up there only to set it up for your lame "C6Z06 + $10K in mods > '09 GT-R" argument. :rollseyes

Just accept the fact that you threw out a weak ricer comparison and move along.

JimBowy

306ci's
Established Member
too bad nissan inflates hp and torque numbers

when we tested previous nissan engine programs at Ford the actual hp and torque were 10% lower than the rated numbers

too bad nissan inflates hp and torque numbers

when we tested previous nissan engine programs at Ford the actual hp and torque were 10% lower than the rated numbers

Do they inflate times as well?

Also, I'm going to assume I don't have to ask whether you're comparing SAE corrected HP and whp since this is a car site.

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
Wow all that money and you still get stuck with an automatic and paddle shifters taken from a $35K sedan. That's pretty weak on Nissans part. If they're going to make a car for enthusiasts they should have a manual transmission as an option, if not standard.

Wintermute

Banned
Nice car, too much $$$. They should make an AWD corvette.

As for the tranny, I think paddles may be the wave of the future, like it or not.

Common

Established Member
Ricer logic is where people start comparing cars with $xxxx worth of mods to another stock car. Can I win the thread the thread by saying a foxbody with $65k in mods >Z06>GT-R?

:lol::lol::lol: YES.

Last time I checked, fully loaded Z's were going for about 74-76k depending on the color.
For some reason, dealers were offering me great deals on the black Z's.

Last edited:

Stevenbekah

Cobra bitten
Established Member
Wow, lot's of flaming going on for folks just wanting to post their opionions...ouch on that!

To get back to point, I'd say that if the stats are legit on the 0-60 times than damn, that's pretty strong. There's a VERY short list of cars that can cut those kinda' times regardless of price and to do it at less than 100K puts it in a category of only 3 (that I'm aware of); the Z06, Viper and now the GT-R.

Part of me thinks that this car will have better overall handling than the Vette and Viper just due to the AWD set up but who knows.

Either way, it's a bad ass ride and will get it's deserved props. Besides, whether you'd agree or disagree that it looks better or worse than the other two V cars...it's certainly the "new hotness"...

DouBLeJ16

Roadkill Lurker
Established Member
Wow all that money and you still get stuck with an automatic and paddle shifters taken from a $35K sedan. That's pretty weak on Nissans part. If they're going to make a car for enthusiasts they should have a manual transmission as an option, if not standard.

Automatic taken from a 35k sedan??? Have you ever heard of lamborghini's or ferrari's?

The car does not have a torque corverter and it does not shift for you.. You control the shifts, it's just much faster than anyone could ever shift a manual transmission.

Having paddle shifters is not going to hurt sales on this car, if anything it'll help.

DouBLeJ16

Roadkill Lurker
Established Member
By new to Edmunds, you mean new to the internet and the first official specs on the car released.

Edmunds has never even had one of their driver's behind the wheel of this car.

If they were official I would think there would at least be a trap speed to go along with the ET.

It's nice to see the HP and torque numbers though.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread