Official NHL 2015-16 season thread

mysterio

Established Member
What a horrible turnover by Polak tonight on the 1st Pens goal. You can't do that in the Final and hope the goalie can bail you out.

Sharkbaithuhaha

Established Member
Yea it has been a rough long road to get the sharks where they are. Semi rebuilding worked for them though and I'm glad. So far the pens have dominated but at the same time we haven't seen the sharks on home ice. Hopefully they can pull through tonight and take the home stretch for the lead.

mysterio

Established Member
Great effort by the Sharks last night in what was pretty much a must-win situation. That was the best they've played so far in this series.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
At least Pittsburgh gets to hoist the cup at home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mysterio

Established Member
Well I think we can all see the handwriting on the wall in this series. The Sharks have just been a big disappointment. Paging Marleau, Pavelski, Couture -- your presence is wanted on the ice.

On the other side of the coin, though, all credit to the Pens, who have been absolutely dominating in mostly all categories. One area that isn't being talked about much is that Mike Sullivan is just plain out-coaching Pete DeBoer. Who makes a line change when the other team is moving the puck up the neutral zone? Teams that get scored on and lose, that's who.

Outside of Pens fans, and unless some miracle occurs, I'm betting many hockey fans see this series, which looked like such a great match-up at first, as a disappointment so far.

mysterio

Established Member
At least the NBC announcers are on your side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For the record, I'm not really on anyone's 'side' in this series. I'm neither a fan nor a hater of either of these teams. But based on what we've seen so far in the playoffs, I was really hoping and looking forward to a great series, and it hasn't been that.

Your Pens are dominating, and I'm not trying to take anything away from them. I just expected more from the Sharks, and I'm betting I'm not alone in that thought.

Sharkbaithuhaha

Established Member
Mysterio I agree. I expected more from the sharks out of the gate. They had some good spots tonight at least. I was disappointed at how badly they were out shot but hey we won. We have a chance still.

Last edited:

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
Goaltending hasn't been much of a deciding factor in this series but Martin Jones stole that one for the Sharks. In a series where the Pens have dominated that game might have been the most one sided of all.

mysterio

Established Member

mysterio

Established Member
Well, the Pens were the dominant team all around, and deserved this Cup victory. So congrats to them and their fans in here.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Yup. They played great towards the end of the regular season and in the playoffs.

Really thought Washington was the team to do it all this year. Probably would of if Pittsburgh didn't play Murray.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Some interesting trades yesterday.

Vesey(rights) to Buffalo
Andersen to Toronto
Yandle(rights) to Florida

zak88lx

Future SVT *****
Established Member
Anyone watching the draft?
Calgary acquired Matthew Tkachuk (LW) with there 6th pick, and we also made a trade with St. Louis for goalie Brian Elliot.
Really excited about Tkachuk! :rockon:

Bruins fans, are you happy with your new defensemen Charlie McAvoy?
I thought Boston was going to grab Logan Stanley, 6'7" 225 lb (D) as a replacement for the aging Chara.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread