Official Hp Rating

antone2k4

Established Member
I talk to a dealer last week he said they will go for 40K plus an extra 10-20k just becuse the name of the car but it was depending on dealer put he was going to go for 20k! extra which will cost 60K all togather.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
chuckstang said:
Ahh Hissman how I love your info which always comes with a negative tone of voice.
Oh no its not under rated like the terms. Who cares! its 500hp.
Its just funny to hear you relay positive info while you bite your lip.
haha cant wait to see a modded gt500 blow away a modded term :burn:

That was my point. I was just answering a question that was asked on this thread as to it being underrated or not. Nothing negative. I was saying 500 crank way back when most people on here were still guessing 450 crank, then it moved up to 475 crank, etc, etc. I will most likely buy one of the GT500's, but will I sell my 04 Cobra, no. Overall it is the looks that kill the car for me, and that is my opinion. But that can be fixed with some simple bodywork and paint. I like the car, and everything I have ever posted has been a fact as far as it was related to me. Like back a few months ago when I posted the dyno numbers I saw that were 437.38 rwhp and got flamed six ways from Sunday for being negative, and how everyone on here jumped down my throat saying that it would at least be 450-475 to the wheels. Well guess what, 437.38 equates to just over 500 crank HP. You see negative remarks, I see me posting reality.

-Jeff

TORQUERULES

Established Member
Some tubular stuff to bring the weight down (I think it is B&R? that has some of that stuff) and getting rid of silly stuff like the Shaker audio system (weight) and the Terminator will be the stuff of legend, but the Shelby will consistently reign supreme.

JMHO.

TORQUERULES

Established Member
HISSMAN said:
That was my point. I was just answering a question that was asked on this thread as to it being underrated or not. Nothing negative. I was saying 500 crank way back when most people on here were still guessing 450 crank, then it moved up to 475 crank, etc, etc. I will most likely buy one of the GT500's, but will I sell my 04 Cobra, no. Overall it is the looks that kill the car for me, and that is my opinion. But that can be fixed with some simple bodywork and paint. I like the car, and everything I have ever posted has been a fact as far as it was related to me. Like back a few months ago when I posted the dyno numbers I saw that were 437.38 rwhp and got flamed six ways from Sunday for being negative, and how everyone on here jumped down my throat saying that it would at least be 450-475 to the wheels. Well guess what, 437.38 equates to just over 500 crank HP. You see negative remarks, I see me posting reality.

-Jeff

Oh God, don't sell the Cobra. That is a legendary car, and still VERY hard to beat bang for the buck. It is and always will be a giant killer.

chuckstang

Established Member
Whitten said:
I have it on very good authority that they will not be beat by Ford in any way shape or form. Should be exciting to see what comes out of the next few years.

hahah keep telling yourself that but good luck :poke:
your gona need it

R1Lello

Established Member
:mj:

Some people (mostly term. owners) continue to amaze me with negative comments and hatred. Doesn't seem to matter, 450 hp, 475/ 485, and now 500...........the comments keep coming on how much better their term. is and that it will run just as quick or maybe slightly better..................wake up people, you're in dream land!. This car is miles ahead and will be noticeably quicker with potential to knock your socks off. Sema this year and last was 90 % '05 and up Mustang parts. Parts will come for this like no tomorrow and the performance numbers to come will. By the way, I am not insulting the 03/04 owners, and actually considered it a short while back, they are great cars but give credit when it's due for pete's sake

Last edited:

fordification

Established Member
now that the horsepower has been nailed down, is the weight also official? and is it curb weight or dry weight?

they just need a factory or aftermarket lightweight package. I say brakes and suspension.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I don't recall me every saying anything negative. The only thing I have ever said was what was told to me by people in the know. Factual stuff. If facts are construed as being negative, then I am sorry. I have never said that the GT500 is going to suck, and have never said that my Terminator will be better. The only thing I can think of along those lines that I have said has to do with the maximum safe power you can get out of the GT500 without a rebuild. And my point with that was that it would not be much more than what the Terminators are getting. All of my comments have been about the engine, because that is all I know about. The chassis has been out for a couple of years now, and it has proven it's self time and time again. 05 and up Chassis > than Terminator Chassis. That is a no brainer. And the 5.4 mod for mod will crush the Terminator engine, that is a no brainer. Short of power speculation, which is now slowly being answered, I have agreed with Fourcam330 on nearly every point, and I PM'd him whenever I got a chance in order to explain why I was hearing things that disagreed with what he was hearing the best way that I could, and he would do the same with me. But I guess the insider info I have been giving out, even though just about everything I get has been nearly 100% proven by now, is negative to some people. To me I viewed it as being positive. When I posted that the Engine would have around 500 crank hp I thought that was very positive considering the blower they were using and the amount of boost, but as soon as I posted that bit of info I was bashed repeatedly on this board and others, and told that I was a dumb f#ck and didn't deserve to own the car I have (and this info was from an inside source at the time). And everyone was screaming at the time that "no, it will most likely have about 550-575 crank hp", and all of the sudden I was the bad guy for saying 500. Well think what you want. Your opinion is shared by a lot of people. I am an asshole, but that is who I am.

GTWill

Established Member
One point that is rarely mentioned and often overlooked is power under the curve. Modded terminators with equal hp/lb ratios to stock GT500's will still have a disadvantage.

TORQUERULES

Established Member
Whitten said:
I have it on very good authority that they will not be beat by Ford in any way shape or form. Should be exciting to see what comes out of the next few years.

I have it from a very good authority that the Zeta chassis weighs in at over 4100lbs no matter what you do with it and that Chevy has admitted that a lightweight Camaro is outside the realm of possibility unless the chassis is completely redesigned. Even with a Z06 motor in a 4100lb Camaro, the GT500 will rule.

Captain Beyond

Established Member
Fourcam330 said:
The bottom line...

Stock for Stock: GT500 > Terminator

Mod for Mod: GT500 > Terminator

Balls out: GT500 > Terminator

Same goes for the Terms vs. any earlier version. Thankfully we don't go backwards too often in this regard.

That all pretty much sums it up. :beer:

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
TORQUERULES said:
I have it from a very good authority that the Zeta chassis weighs in at over 4100lbs no matter what you do with it and that Chevy has admitted that a lightweight Camaro is outside the realm of possibility unless the chassis is completely redesigned. Even with a Z06 motor in a 4100lb Camaro, the GT500 will rule.

Exactly. There has to be some way to engineer a chassis that is strong and at the same time does not weigh two tons, but still me made out of the same material. All of these cars are getting heavier and heavier every generation now.

Captain Beyond

Established Member
TORQUERULES said:

GM will definitely have their work cut out for them. :-D

bluestreak89

Established Member
I thinkthis gives a better impression of how fast the car will be. I expect mid to low 12 sec 1/4 times with maybe a couple guys @ 11.99 on bone stock cars (with dr's) . Trap speeds around 113-118. I am guessing this based on the new BMW m5 which has the same hp. the BMW has less torque but about 200lbs less weight which makes up for the torque loss.

Wildpony

Established Member
I wonder what a powerpipe, meth injection, and a retune would get you powerwise on this combo??
600 at the wheels should be pretty easy for under $2000..

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
bluestreak89 said:
I thinkthis gives a better impression of how fast the car will be. I expect mid to low 12 sec 1/4 times with maybe a couple guys @ 11.99 on bone stock cars (with dr's) . Trap speeds around 113-118. I am guessing this based on the new BMW m5 which has the same hp. the BMW has less torque but about 200lbs less weight which makes up for the torque loss.

I was thinking the exact same thing the other day when I was looking at the BMW specs.

bluestreak89

Established Member
What are these posts about chevy. I think chevy's stnace has been taken already and with the blue devil/ SS coming out next year there isnt anything more to say. Yeah the mustang still riegns as best bang for the buck. Everyone is still holding there position here in the states despite their financial problems. Dodge is spreading the wealth around in new and diverse vehicles (seeming to follow the amg line) since the viper has lost is luster being only in second place and costing so much. Chevy now has the king and for has the blue collar muscle car. Camaro blah blah blah who cares. Its still second in line for GM.

And in defense of hissman his comments have been consistent throughout this whole period of speculation. I agree that some work will be needed to make the car more presentable but a modded GT is one of the baddest looking cars on the streets IMO. If only ford had tried to make it a little lighter this car would be a killer, but probably would reflect it in the price as well. So the only thing now is to wait for some vids to hit the streets and maybe an official weight rating.

Fourcam330

Established Member
bluestreak89 said:

The Bimmer 5.0L V10 is a great motor, but lacking 200lbs won't make up for the difference in TQ, the curves are nowhere near as deep as the Shelbys. Doesn't the Bimmer motor make 36X flywheel TQ? We're talking about a difference of around 100rwtq.

Last edited:

bluestreak89

Established Member
Fourcam330 said:
The Bimmer 5.0L V10 is a great motor, but lacking 200lbs won't make up for the difference in TQ, the curves are nowhere near as deep as the Shelbys. Doesn't the Bimmer motor make 36X flywheel TQ? We're talking about a difference of around 100rwtq.

Yeah I thought about that but I still dont see the GT500 going much better than what the m5's are running although I did say that the best of the m5 times have been around 12.4 where as i see that being closer to the average for the GT500. In every model line there are some overlaps where you have the averages for one car meeting the best of others. Just a small model for comparison. Also you have to take into consideration the launch control feature for the M5 that gives it an additional advantage. I still say that 12.4's will be pretty common and maybe a couple of awesome drivers will reach the 11's. Remember we are still talking about a 3900lbs car with no driver in it.

Users who are viewing this thread