Official Hp Rating

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
PowerWheels said:
So what will the actual # be, 520?

The link says SAE Certified, which means 500 +/- like ~ 2% or something. It's gonna be right on, just like the Z06.

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
Damn, I just noticed the 5w-50 Oil. Maybe the official weight will be 3800

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
chuckstang said:
Dude the 00R made 385 and that was under rated. This motor minus the blower will put down even more with the better GT heads.
Do you have side exhaust, cause I think your inhaling your own fumes :pepper:

Not at 8.4:1 CR will it make 385 hp

4 cam correct me, but the 00R heads are damn near indentical to the GT heads?

Last edited:

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
gonein60 said:
If the Fat Rich Freaks go and pay 45-50k for a Mustang...
Hey Fat Rich Freaks, do all us average working men a favor...
you're just a Fat Stupid Rich Freak who likes to waste money...
lets keep it that way Fat rich Freaks.
So if it's $44,999 or under, it's for the "average working man", but above that it's for "fat stupid rich freaks."

:dw:

Last edited:

GTWill

Established Member
Top_Fuel said:
So if it's $44,999 or under, it's for the "average working man", but above that it's for "fat stupid rich freaks."

:dw:
Don't mind him he's a Fat stupid Freak, he's just pissed off because he's not rich.

jshen

Established Member
Thanks DBK

GTSpartan said:
Did you notice SAE certified. That means no underating on this motor like the GT and old cobras. Depending on driveline loss , expect 435-460rwhp.

I fully expect a "corked up exhaust and intake" just like the terminators [30lbs backpressure]...and about 45 extra rwhp once a free flowing system is in place.

Once again DBK you are right on target....

Fourcam330

Established Member
GTSpartan said:
Not at 8.4:1 CR will it make 385 hp

4 cam correct me, but the 00R heads are damn near indentical to the GT heads?

As far as power production goes, yes they are 99.9% identical. GT heads have a .020" raised intake port vs. Rs, but that's a negligible difference. Casting quality may also be minutely better on the GTs but again not worth much if anything. After porting you can't tell the difference aside from the casting #s.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
jshen said:
I fully expect a "corked up exhaust and intake" just like the terminators [30lbs backpressure]...and about 45 extra rwhp once a free flowing system is in place.

Once again DBK you are right on target....

Actually the Stock Exhaust system flows many times better than the one on the Terminator did. The gains with Exhaust will not be quite as great.

Also, my insider has been saying around 490-510 for some time, and from day one that is what I have been posting. It is great to finally have some official backup. And the 500 rating is indeed SAE certified which means that it is not going to be overrated like the Terminators which were not SAE certified.

-Jeff

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
fordification said:
so say you remove the blower/intercooler, increase the cr from 8.4 to say 10.5-11, add a lightweights suspension transmission, and remove any structural strength added to support the 500hp. 400hp ~3400lbs 40k? nice little boss 330 no?

The '00 Cobra R made 385hp, and the Aussie Falcon FPV GT makes just about 390, so I'd expect it to be 390-400hp for a "Boss" version.

WDW MKR

Established Member
Didn't Ford already say only one specialty Mustang and one specialty truck? I think this was part of the envelopment of SVT into Ford Racing.

chuckstang

Established Member
HISSMAN said:
Actually the Stock Exhaust system flows many times better than the one on the Terminator did. The gains with Exhaust will not be quite as great.

Also, my insider has been saying around 490-510 for some time, and from day one that is what I have been posting. It is great to finally have some official backup. And the 500 rating is indeed SAE certified which means that it is not going to be overrated like the Terminators which were not SAE certified.

-Jeff
Ahh Hissman how I love your info which always comes with a negative tone of voice.
Oh no its not under rated like the terms. Who cares! its 500hp.
Its just funny to hear you relay positive info while you bite your lip.
haha cant wait to see a modded gt500 blow away a modded term :burn:

LR 01 Cobra

Founding Member
Established Member
chuckstang said:
haha cant wait to see a modded gt500 blow away a modded term :burn:

We'll know so enough, as soon as I get mine I'm racing the guy who bought my 03 Cobra. I'm gonna try to beat him with a CAI,exhaust and a tune. I'm not listing all the stuff on his 03. But it has 490 RWHP 488 RWTQ.
It should be fun!

Tim :beer:

TAL

2004 Cobra
Established Member
Air intake

HISSMAN said:

-Jeff

Jeff;

Any news on the air intake? Is it going to be constrictive like on the Terminators? If this cars gonna be 500HP I just may well leave damn leave it alone save for some computer tuning.

Whitten

Grocery Run
Established Member
tallboy said:
I hope GM is watching...

I have it on very good authority that they will not be beat by Ford in any way shape or form. Should be exciting to see what comes out of the next few years.

03SonicSnake

Member of 500/500 Club
Established Member
Insurance companies will have a field day on that one!! Probably have a nice Gas guzzler tax like the 03's did, but I have to give Ford props on this one, 500hp is nice. I'm safe for a little while till the modding begins :)

Users who are viewing this thread