Official: Ford Ranger to return in 2019

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I've had the opportunity to spend a little time with a global Ranger. It's a nice truck, but a little too large to be a compact to me. The old Sport Trac was just about perfect.

rmurer

Established Member
ECOBOOST ALL THE THINGS.

Seriously though I don't mind it. little tuning and some parts here and there, would be a quick little truck.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Damn that's an ugly truck. Whatever happened to trucks looking like trucks instead of an SUV with a bed on them?

ford fanatic

Four Eyed Freak
Established Member
I wish it would still be smaller like the rangers now, but I do like the diesel option though.

My 05' is pushing 220K, I hope it can hang on a few more years until 2019...

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
I thought Ford said they didn't need a smaller pickup, and their F series line covered everything needed?

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I thought Ford said they didn't need a smaller pickup, and their F series line covered everything needed?

I believe because the new Colorado/Canyon from GM is doing so well they are wanting to get back in the market. I heard some where before GM released the re-design Ford was going to see how sales of them played out and demand.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Somebody mentioned it in the other Ranger thread, but I couldn't see it. In that pic, it DOES look like a Toyota Tacoma.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Damn.

I sort of want one, but I would rather they bring back the old Ranger size with some modern equipment and a 2.0 EB. Literally all my 2001 needs is the engine from my ST and a decent auto, it would be amazing.

Sid, do you have any info on the Bronco?

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
The hell with the Ranger. I love the sentence that they are bringing back the Bronco!

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member

Im looking forward to seeing what Mazda does with the RX-9. RX-8 was a lame duck with its gutless motor and no boost, but if they can fix the power department and offer a similar feel and potential as the 7's then they might have a winning car. Price point needs checking though, $50k rumor for 400hp is going to bite them in the ass (same thing ive been saying for the "genesis" brand and up-coming Coupe starting at $40k point).

Audi's new fronts look ****ing superb. Loving the A6-A8 concepts shown.

This will be cool. I can see Ford building an EcoBoost 'Sport' Ranger as well - a mini lightning per se

Trying to save face after the abysmal camaro thread huh........

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

Article states that Ford is doing this in response to the "strong-selling Chevy Colorado and GMC Canyon". But it's not coming until MY 2019. IMO that's starting way late in the game, giving Chevy/GM such a strong market position in this truck class. I would have loved to (A) seen Ford take a lead vs. following the leader, and (B) as Travis said, instead offered a truck very similar to the old Sport Trac. That was an awesome and good looking truck and I wish Ford had continued it.

Users who are viewing this thread