Official exhaust Clip sticky.

03cobrarocks

Established Member
anyone know what steeda (borla) cat back with bbk offroad x would sound like?

or what offroad x would sound good with steeda?

eczman

exhaust clip

can u send me a sound clip to my email, i would like to hear it.. [email protected] thanks

Silver Serpent said:
Magnaflow Catted X + Magnaflow Cat Back.

This is my set-up. I don't really like how it has that cracking sound and it sounds kinda muffled. Anyone know of one that just flows like it's releasing everything and not all muffled and not raspy/cracking sounds?

Also how come it has this sound that sounds like someone is blowing bubbles underwater, if you know what I mean. I've noticed that on many Terminators despite what exhaust set-up they have.

eczman

exhaust

can you send this file to me email, it doesnt work on the thread< [email protected]

Silver Serpent said:
Magnaflow Catted X + Magnaflow Cat Back.

This is my set-up. I don't really like how it has that cracking sound and it sounds kinda muffled. Anyone know of one that just flows like it's releasing everything and not all muffled and not raspy/cracking sounds?

Also how come it has this sound that sounds like someone is blowing bubbles underwater, if you know what I mean. I've noticed that on many Terminators despite what exhaust set-up they have.

blownchic

I would also like to hear a few clips of the magnaflow catted x with the stingers please!!!! (idle, wot, cruising)

Last edited by a moderator:

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
jeffsvt said:
Here is a video of mine at the track .

UPR O/R X-pipe and Magnaflow catback .

Click Me
sounds really good man, this is what i'm going with because i'm getting a whole new exhaust setup because of my solid axle swap.

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
Whenever this fricken rain stops I plan on taking the cats off my X pipe and making another set of videos....hopefully this weekend...

Venom04

Established Member
I wish I had the capability to record and post cause this thread for a sound clip thread stinks there's hardly any on here. Damn I wish I or someone could help out with this thread.

Diddy

Banned
IMO most offroad xpipes sound horrible. I have tried alot of exhaust setups in my mustang life, and the only xpipe that remotely sounded good was the Dr. Gas xpipe. Other than that bbk sounds horrible, bassani sounds horrible, and magnaflow is ok. If you combine an offroad x with a straight through muffler it is raspy as hell, if you slap one on with a chambered muffler it sounds like pennies in a coffee can. Now I will admit that some sound better than others (upr, magnaflow, dr gas), but when it comes to bbk and bassani those two just sound horrible.

Last edited:

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
Diddy said:
IMO most offroad xpipes sound horrible. I have tried alot of exhaust setups in my mustang life, and the only xpipe that remotely sounded good was the Dr. Gas xpipe. Other than that bbk sounds horrible, bassani sounds horrible, and magnaflow is ok. If you combine an offroad x with a straight through muffler it is raspy as hell, if you slap one on with a chambered muffler it sounds like pennies in a coffee can. Now I will admit that some sound better than others (upr, magnaflow, dr gas), but when it comes to bbk and bassani those two just sound horrible.

Agreed....I took my cats off the X-pipe this morning to see how the car sounded. An hour later they are back on!!! From the outside the volume didn't increase a whole lot, but it was soooo raspy it sounded like pure ass. On the inside of the car it was much louder. I think most of the rasp comes from the design of the Bassani X. I personally wouldn't have put this X on the car, but the previous owner had already installed it. I like the Dr. Gas and UPR.....they are true X's, not a chambered X such as the Bassani. That's what leads to most of this rasp you hear with the off road version of these pipes.

V8Supercars

Got pace?...
Established Member
Bassani Side-dump Sound Clip?

Anybody have a sound clip of a full Bassani side-dump setup (headers, cat x-pipe, etc.) on a 4.6L?

Users who are viewing this thread