Official 2023 College Football Season thread

VegasMichael

Established Member
relaxed? they're basically non-existent on the payment. Now the powerhouse schools can spend with impunity and good luck to the rest catching up. Who needs scholarship spots anymore either, they can all just get paid. The only way up for those schools will be by finding the diamond in the rough/under rated kids and making it work.

I dunno what the answer is but there should, if nothing else, be some kind of transparency.
When i used the term 'relaxed' it was used to mean 'free from stringency'. Our language has words with many different meanings so I should have clarified. I don't think there is a "fair" system but then I look at pro football and you see one guy making tens of millions a year and other guys on the team playing for league minimum.

VegasMichael

Established Member
I think college athletes should get paid by revenue created by likeness; that's it.

If I play at Ole Miss and wear number 10....that year #10 Ole Miss jerseys total $7.1 mil in revenue, I should get a chunk of that.
I certainly have no solution. Maybe some kind of deal where the player gets a certain percentage like you said and then the rest divvied up among others. Similar to how teams have to split TV revenues with other teams in their conference. (No wonder Notre Dame stays independent!)

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
When i used the term 'relaxed' it was used to mean 'free from stringency'. Our language has words with many different meanings so I should have clarified. I don't think there is a "fair" system but then I look at pro football and you see one guy making tens of millions a year and other guys on the team playing for league minimum.

but every team in the NFL is allowed to and supposedly able to spend the same maximum amount. Along with however theyve come up with to manipulate the system

no matter what, the biggest schools were always paying the most and had the bigger draw for star players so maybe it doesn't change things that much after all but I guess we'll see.

VegasMichael

Established Member
but every team in the NFL is allowed to and supposedly able to spend the same maximum amount. Along with however theyve come up with to manipulate the system

no matter what, the biggest schools were always paying the most and had the bigger draw for star players so maybe it doesn't change things that much after all but I guess we'll see.
Yeah but some NFL owners are notoriously cheap and won't spend what they could but that's their right.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
IMG_9453.JPG

Tell us how you really feel.

Outtie belly-buttons will now be referred to as “belly weenies”.

Users who are viewing this thread