Official 2019 College Thread SEC Sucks!

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
I hope Miles Brennan can step up next year but even if he has a great year by most standards he will fall short of this year.
Kid is in a no win situation following in Burrow's footsteps.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
Yep. Just like everything else in Louisiana except the food, Just when it gets good it quickly goes to shit.

It is amazing how OSU and Bama (and now LSU) lose their coordinators and assistant coaches at an alarming rate after success. These guys come in a for a year or two (tops), win a title, then leave. We have had a ton of coaches get head coaching jobs after coming to Columbus briefly (Ash, Herman, etc.). Now it is happening to LSU.

I wonder how Clemson is able to hold onto Venables? I think a big key to their success has been continuity with coaches.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
It is amazing how OSU and Bama (and now LSU) lose their coordinators and assistant coaches at an alarming rate after success. These guys come in a for a year or two (tops), win a title, then leave. We have had a ton of coaches get head coaching jobs after coming to Columbus briefly (Ash, Herman, etc.). Now it is happening to LSU.

I wonder how Clemson is able to hold onto Venables? I think a big key to their success has been continuity with coaches.

Happened to us before with Saban, jimbo fisher and a few others. I'll never understand it either. The pay is good. lol

01performanceredvertsnake

Established Member

It’s nothing against y’all, I do believe it’s because Dabo creates an atmosphere where you don’t want to leave. We’re a family, Alabama has been more like a factory. Nothing wrong with that, many players in the NFL and many championships. It’s just a different way to go about it. Dabo focuses on building up these players to be great players and great men later on in life.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
It’s nothing against y’all, I do believe it’s because Dabo creates an atmosphere where you don’t want to leave. We’re a family, Alabama has been more like a factory. Nothing wrong with that, many players in the NFL and many championships. It’s just a different way to go about it. Dabo focuses on building up these players to be great players and great men later on in life.

Not sure I buy that, because when coaches have the chance to jump for $$$$ they usually go for it, regardless of how players are developed. OSU has great culture too. Our alums are super involved because they love the university and program. They pay it forward. That doesn’t stop our coaches from jumping though, although some stay.

It will be interesting to see what happens with Clemson now that they are recruiting at an elite level like OSU, Bama and UGA. Seems like their formula was recruit a top 20 class, keep coaches, develop the hell out of their players, and win. Now they are recruiting a top 5 class...could change things for better or worse. Look at Michigan...they recruit at a high level and we put up 50-60 on them each November. LOL

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Not sure I buy that, because when coaches have the chance to jump for $$$$ they usually go for it, regardless of how players are developed. OSU has great culture too. Our alums are super involved because they love the university and program. They pay it forward. That doesn’t stop our coaches from jumping though, although some stay.

It will be interesting to see what happens with Clemson now that they are recruiting at an elite level like OSU, Bama and UGA. Seems like their formula was recruit a top 20 class, keep coaches, develop the hell out of their players, and win. Now they are recruiting a top 5 class...could change things for better or worse. Look at Michigan...they recruit at a high level and we put up 50-60 on them each November. LOL

Also with pay comes location. I could not imagine the LSU coach being happy at USC, Cali or Boston College.

01performanceredvertsnake

Established Member

I’m not saying y’all don’t, I’m sure most alumni of any college can say they loved it. I just know I love it here. The saying “there’s something in these hills” rings true with me. I think Dabo will go down as one of the best college football coaches. I personally wouldn’t want to be any other place. About money Dabo and Brent are very well compensated. Anyways, I’m sure we’ll see y’all in the playoff next year. Go Tigers!

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Also with pay comes location. I could not imagine the LSU coach being happy at USC, Cali or Boston College.

I hate USC but the weather would be awesome, I’m sure the money would too. That said the liberal cesspool state and gun laws no thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
I hate USC but the weather would be awesome, I’m sure the money would too. That said the liberal cesspool state and gun laws no thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Plus the taxes one would have to pay in Commiefornia. A lot of professional athletes have cited taxes that would need to be paid as one of the reasons for picking where they ended up from free agency

Sent from my SM-N975U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
And...Dave Aranda is ditching LSU for the head job at Baylor.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread