Official 2018 NFL season thread

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Awesome that Julian Edleman is a Super Bowl MVP. How can any football fan not love that guy.

Never thought I would say this but the Pats defense did it this time. They were fantastic.

Beating L.A. for a championship in a matter of a few months is pretty sweet too.

Edelman deserved it for sure. Those 2 passes to Gronk on the TD drive were absolute dimes by Brady though.

Congrats to the Pats.

All I can say is 3 things,
1. I didn't watch it.
2. I won $250 on football boards.
3. I love where I live, Only in New Orleans can you NOT go to the SB and have a bigger party and parade than the ones who did.
Did any of you guys see pics of N O today? It was crazy.

Everyone with 3 and 3 did nicely this year. They were happy as hell on that missed FG too.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks
Edelman deserved it for sure. Those 2 passes to Gronk on the TD drive were absolute dimes by Brady though.

Everyone with 3 and 3 did nicely this year. They were happy as hell on that missed FG too.
I had 0-0
Won 1st quarter, and was hoping they were pushing for the TD in the 4th quarter on that 4th and 1.

colin450

Established Member
That was actually a good game on both sides. Officiating was decent also for a change. Goff’s inexperience was the difference. Hats off to the Pats for having a great game plan and executing, especially on defense. Pats D was the MVP by far. Brady was good enough to win but tonight was far from his best effort. You Pats fans (some of you anyway) need to stop playing the hate card and a lot of that hate will go away. Enjoy the win more than the hate. Welcome to 6-title club.

The hate feeds us. It is the #1 strength that fuels the dark side. Strike me down with all of your hate and your journey to the dark side will be complete.

Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering. Welcome to Patriots derangement syndrome.

We're still here.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
1. Belichek is the GOAT. He was playing chess while McVeigh was playing checkers
2. Wade Phillips is 100 years old but coached his ass off. Hats off to the Rams defense in defeat
3. Goff was off. LOL But...NE's pressure would have made anyone look average. They are just so well coached (see #1)
4. The halftime show was garbage. I'd rather watch a pee wee super bowl at halftime than that absolute trash
5. Only thing worse than the halftime show was the Tom Brady circle jerk at the end when Tracy Wolfson is running around saying "ok, ok, he's hugging Cooks now. Tom, Tom! Ok, now he is talking to Edelman. Tom! Over here!" Meanwhile, there isn't another Patriot (coach or player) on the screen. Defense and coaching won that game for the Pats, not Golden Boy Brady.
6. Chiefs are Vegas favs to win it next year...LOL Sure...as long as Belichek is on the headset, ain't nobody gonna beat New England.

GO BROWNS!

colin450

Established Member
1. Belichek is the GOAT. He was playing chess while McVeigh was playing checkers
2. Wade Phillips is 100 years old but coached his ass off. Hats off to the Rams defense in defeat
3. Goff was off. LOL But...NE's pressure would have made anyone look average. They are just so well coached (see #1)
4. The halftime show was garbage. I'd rather watch a pee wee super bowl at halftime than that absolute trash
5. Only thing worse than the halftime show was the Tom Brady circle jerk at the end when Tracy Wolfson is running around saying "ok, ok, he's hugging Cooks now. Tom, Tom! Ok, now he is talking to Edelman. Tom! Over here!" Meanwhile, there isn't another Patriot (coach or player) on the screen. Defense and coaching won that game for the Pats, not Golden Boy Brady.
6. Chiefs are Vegas favs to win it next year...LOL Sure...as long as Belichek is on the headset, ain't nobody gonna beat New England.

GO BROWNS!

Belichick has won FIVE Super Bowls since he's won "coach of the year award". Just rename that to the "best rookie coach that took over a shitty team award and didn't completely suck" award.

This year was maybe Belichick's best ever.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
Belichick has won FIVE Super Bowls since he's won "coach of the year award". Just rename that to the "best rookie coach that took over a shitty team award and didn't completely suck" award.

This year was maybe Belichick's best ever.

Agreed. Name the pro bowlers on the Patriots defense...you can't because they don't have anyone who individually stands out. Instead, they have a bunch of well-coached professionals who excel in pressure situations. Aaron Donald and Kalil Mack are great individual players, but football is a team game. Everyone on NE's defense is a great team defender. It is a testament to Belicheck's coaching.

I always think the same thing about whoever is Ohio State's football coach. The guy (whether it is Jim Tressel or Urban Meyer) never get Big Ten coach of the year. LOL Best coach by far in the league and never wins it because they don't take a crap team and turn them into average. SMH

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Agreed. Name the pro bowlers on the Patriots defense...you can't because they don't have anyone who individually stands out. Instead, they have a bunch of well-coached professionals who excel in pressure situations. Aaron Donald and Kalil Mack are great individual players, but football is a team game. Everyone on NE's defense is a great team defender. It is a testament to Belicheck's coaching.

I always think the same thing about whoever is Ohio State's football coach. The guy (whether it is Jim Tressel or Urban Meyer) never get Big Ten coach of the year. LOL Best coach by far in the league and never wins it because they don't take a crap team and turn them into average. SMH

COTY awards are often BS especially in the Big10. None for Meyer, Tressel, or Carr.

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
51272952_10157041642231913_6254341452428476416_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_ht=scontent.fbos1-2.jpg

Coiled03

Established Member
The hate feeds us. It is the #1 strength that fuels the dark side. Strike me down with all of your hate and your journey to the dark side will be complete.

Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering. Welcome to Patriots derangement syndrome.

We're still here.

giphy.gif

Do you all actually believe this gibberish?

Rare40th

Established Member
Definitely not what I had in mind but congrats to the Patriots.
Being a Denver fan you know which way they were rooting, it was a little interesting the comments made about Brady's first pass pick, quick do they forget SB 48 a few years ago

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
The halftime show was lame, but at least Adam Levine/Maroon5 did not turn it into some political spectacle....apparently the soyboy SJWs are pissed they didn't use the halftime show to make a political statement.

Yeah, I heard that this morning. They kept it politics-free and it upset a lot of libs. LOL

Users who are viewing this thread