Official 2018 NFL season thread

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
NFL football is almost amongst us!! I know the Anthem issue is still a prickly issue, but as a fan of football Im glad its almost back.

Last nights Hall of Fame game was a real yawner, but hey, its was Bears-Ravens with the Ravens coming out on top 17-16.

Im calling it right now, this new helmet rule is ****ing stupid and so help me its going to be this year's catch rule. Too many contests will have their outcomes resting on whether a ref throws their flag for an "illegal" hit. Should be fun regardless.

**** the Packers. Go Bears!

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
Eh, I dunno. Seems I get less interested every year. Kinda sucks because I grew up a rabid fan and I'm really not interested yet in passing that down to my kids.

The bullshittery in the NFL is about to be enough to make me move along. From the inconsistencies in reffing to not knowing WTF a catch is to the dickhead commissioner, it won't take much more. Pity too because I'm excited to see what Watson can do.

I agree. I just may pass on the NFL myself. I have a lot of thoughts on the behavior and political motivations of these "professionals" that I won't get into in this thread.

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
I am curious to see how big of a financial hit the NFL is going to take this year, that's about the only interest in the NFL that i have left. Considering they keep pushing this liberal mentality, supporting ignorant uneducated players that push for racial divide, and suppress people with opposing conservative thoughts.

I see they recently criticized Jerry Jones and Dak Prescott on their opinions. But it's ok to shit all over the anthem and people who serve their country while you're at work. Love the hypocrisy.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Male Cheerleaders....ugh

NFL games will feature male cheerleaders for the first time

38683824_10156454664611203_1849796836194254848_n.jpg

04MysticCobra

Established Member
Been a few years since I really cared about watching NFL games. Probably be only a few this year. I subscribed to the NFL Sunday ticket for many past years on my dish and had many Super Bowl parties. But like many of the sports organizations today when you start making it all about business, money and now some politics it takes the fun out of watching. At least for me it does.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
And yet another reason to ditch the NFL.

Been a few years since I really cared about watching NFL games. Probably be only a few this year. I subscribed to the NFL Sunday ticket for many past years on my dish and had many Super Bowl parties. But like many of the sports organizations today when you start making it all about business, money and now some politics it takes the fun out of watching. At least for me it does.

I have watched less and less these past few years....The shitty ****ing rules, progressive politics and political correctness have taken all the joy out of the NFL.

04MysticCobra

Established Member
I have watched less and less these past few years....The shitty ****ing rules, progressive politics and political correctness have taken all the joy out of the NFL.

^^^^Lol at the soyboy cheerleaders..........And I am not criticizing the NFL because of what Kaepernick did or the whole kneeling controversy. I am old as dirt and been watching the NFL for 55 years and I started watching NFL/AFL games in 1963. I was a huge AFL football fan and watched all the games in the 60's. So for me the 60's/70's/80's and some 90's had the best game memories for me. I was never a Patriot fan but loved the original Patriots helmet they wore in the 60's. There was some great QB's in the 60's but I was a huge fan of the Mad Bomber. He was always fun to watch play.

Rare40th

Established Member
I give Denver a chance at 9-7, miss the playoffs, Joseph gets fired and then let the circus begin again.

If this year is anything like last year I'll find myself watching golf or Nascar/NHRA and watching people rant on FB about Colorado teams for entertainment

colin450

Established Member
Doesn't seem to be as much buzz around the NFL in general. I don't necessarily think the kneeling thing is the reason - it's the on-field product.

Is it a catch? Did he make a football move? *Video review - go to commercial* *Catch confirmed* *QB hand-off* *Touchdown* *Commercial* *Kick-off* *Commercial* *Injury* *Commercial* *Time-out* *Commercial*

I have Patriots season tickets and I'll absolutely be there, the games have just been getting a little boring. I'm much more looking forward to the NHL this fall.

colin450

Established Member
Steelers were using a deflated ball last night! The INTEGRITY of the league is hanging in the balance! RIGHT GUYS?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
Not interested in watching a single game. Between dude cheerleaders this year, and the players have already begun protesting shit i have zero interest to support the nfl in anyway. Nothing will change until enough people get so fed up that the players are hit hard right in the wallet. When the salaries drop to 24k a year because of the lack of interest by us, they might just start taking us seriously and start playing good ol fashioned football again.

Stop buying tickets. Stop buying season passes. Stop buying nfl sunday ticket, stop buying merchandise. Send a message.

Sent from my Schlong using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Coiled03

Established Member
Yeah, I think I'll get back to watching more NHL again. Haven't been watching the 'Hawks enough in recent seasons.

Users who are viewing this thread