Official 2018 MLB thread

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
I want to know when NY will get rid of him as that is what they are known for. And I say in another 3 years Judge will be gone if he gets hurt or his production drops after most pitchers know not to go straight at his strengths.

00slvrL

RIP 05.18.2013
Established Member
Amazing fun fact
Boston had the best home record in the league 57-24.
That is also Houston's ROAD record.

Looking forward to an amazing series.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
Pathetic. All the way around. Offense, defense, Sale was as off as I've ever seen him but its the playoffs so I'm not surprised. The only thing that stayed consistent was the bullpen. Awful. Even if they can go an inning without giving up runs they're constantly in a jam. 6 walks, 2 hit batters, pitching behind in the count with almost every batter. It's torture watching them work.
Game 1 was a must win for the Red Sox in my mind with David Price starting game 2. I can't believe Cora is really going with him. This is going to be a short series.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I was hoping the Sox would show their renowned batting power, but in the end it was all about pitching, and they came up WAY short. I've thought from the start of the playoffs that Boston's failing bullpen was going to be their undoing. And Sale is way off. I am pretty convinced he's not 100%. Price has fallen apart. But their bullpen is not good right now. I'll be surprised if the Houston/Boston series goes to 7 games.

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
Well, Price wasn't great but he didn't get embarrassed so lets say he was ok. Bullpen had a really good showing for a change except for Kimbrel. He can't come in and just have a scoreless inning. Huge win, must win for Sox. On to Houston now.

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
What do y'all make of the videos out of the Red Sox pitchers?

I had to look up what you were talking about but I don't know, isn't it openly acknowledged that pitchers throughout MLB use banned substances to grip the baseball? They sure weren't being very secrective and I can't see it not being noticed. Much ado about nothing imo. As old as the game itself but we'll see if this becomes a spectacle.

00slvrL

RIP 05.18.2013
Established Member
What do y'all make of the videos out of the Red Sox pitchers?
Only issue i have is Joe West during game 1 go inspect Maldonado's mit between innings, but apparently leaves his eyeballs at home for game 2, and he apparently doesn't know what's reviewable either regarding the Jackie Bradley jr play.....hmmm.
I'm ok with getting the call right, but don't change rules in the middle of a game.

SVT F15O

Rest night.
Established Member
Red Sox need to go into Houston and make a statement. A win today would be huge. Hopefully Eovaldi can have an outing like he did a week ago.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
I had to look up what you were talking about but I don't know, isn't it openly acknowledged that pitchers throughout MLB use banned substances to grip the baseball? They sure weren't being very secrective and I can't see it not being noticed. Much ado about nothing imo. As old as the game itself but we'll see if this becomes a spectacle.

I don't have a big issue with it but it's weird how obvious they are and they just let it slide.

Only issue i have is Joe West during game 1 go inspect Maldonado's mit between innings, but apparently leaves his eyeballs at home for game 2, and he apparently doesn't know what's reviewable either regarding the Jackie Bradley jr play.....hmmm.
I'm ok with getting the call right, but don't change rules in the middle of a game.

Hmmm.

Hey Osuna, way to get down to the final strike in the inning 3 damn times then give up 5 runs. Good job buddy.

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
Again, I have no problem with this kind of stuff and if you get caught the league hands down some token punishment.
Now if people want to focus on something really worthy of punishment, look no further than what Manny Machado did kicking the Brewers first baseman. Clearly intentional.

Users who are viewing this thread