Official 2018 MLB thread

SVT F15O

Rest night.
Established Member
Its been a long road back for him and I hope he makes the most of it. He wasn't afraid to go right after that Yankee lineup attacking the strike zone and getting ahead of most batters. You see so many pitchers try to be to fine against them, getting behind in the count and the next thing you know the ball is in the upper deck in right field.

Need to attack. That was the most frustrating thing watching every Red Sox pitcher not named Chris Sale in the 1st 2 games. Hopefully the Sox can wrap it up tonight in the Bronx so they have a well rested Sale for game 1 of the ALCS.

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
Need to attack. That was the most frustrating thing watching every Red Sox pitcher not named Chris Sale in the 1st 2 games.

You said it. They were terrified to pitch to them.

Hopefully the Sox can wrap it up tonight in the Bronx so they have a well rested Sale for game 1 of the ALCS.

That would be nice but I don't see anything but Porcello getting slaughtered tonight. He's tailored made for the Yankees. A soft thrower who throws way too many pitches right down the heart of the strike zone. The HR ball was a problem for him all year and he's going up against the team that set the single season record for HR's. Bad recipe.

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
Get that stinky, sorry, Cleveland trash outta here!

Francona, Kipnis, and Chisinhall all need to be given their walking papers. One, Chisinhall is just a younger Swisher where he got hurt and then used it as an excuse all season long, Kipnis done barely a .225 bat avg all year!! I could see it if he only played like 80 games but he was in most of them. Then Francona what a total jerk last year when Miller was healthy instead of using him like he should he only put him up against 2 batters or a complete inning then sat him down. If I had someone like Miller and I know the other team couldn't hit against him you better believe I would get 2 innings out of him at the minimum. Then he also leaves pitchers in there when it is glaring they have no business on the mound yesterdays game (Bauer).

After that pop up throw to Lindor at 2nd where he was forced to jump in order to catch it would of been the end to Bauer no matter how hard he wanted to finish the game. Like I said those 3 rejects need to be given their pink slips by Friday and say see you later.

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
So Brock Holt hit for the cycle last night but what I just found out is he's the first player ever to do it in the post season. Not that it's a common feat but I find it amazing it's never been done before.

96gt02

Established Member
yeah im more shocked that its never been done before rather then it happening lol

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
So Brock Holt hit for the cycle last night but what I just found out is he's the first player ever to do it in the post season. Not that it's a common feat but I find it amazing it's never been done before.
GO RED SOX GO!

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Francona, Kipnis, and Chisinhall all need to be given their walking papers. One, Chisinhall is just a younger Swisher where he got hurt and then used it as an excuse all season long, Kipnis done barely a .225 bat avg all year!! I could see it if he only played like 80 games but he was in most of them. Then Francona what a total jerk last year when Miller was healthy instead of using him like he should he only put him up against 2 batters or a complete inning then sat him down. If I had someone like Miller and I know the other team couldn't hit against him you better believe I would get 2 innings out of him at the minimum. Then he also leaves pitchers in there when it is glaring they have no business on the mound yesterdays game (Bauer).

After that pop up throw to Lindor at 2nd where he was forced to jump in order to catch it would of been the end to Bauer no matter how hard he wanted to finish the game. Like I said those 3 rejects need to be given their pink slips by Friday and say see you later.

Speaking of Bauer, it was very fitting that douchebag got the loss after accusing the Astros of cheating earlier this year.

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
Kimbrel ****ing sucks. He's been garbage the last 2 months and thank God he had room for error. Got to give it to Porcello. Unknown to me he actually had great numbers against the Yankees this season and he came through tonight. So WTF do I know.
Being the pessimistic fan I am I'm surprised the Red Sox were able to take it in 4. I thought it would have been the other way around. Can't beat clinching at Yankee Stadium though.

mysterio

Established Member
S3hXKsdm.jpg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Last night's Sox/Yankees game was great. Porcello pitched well, as did the Sox relievers until Kimbrel almost blew the game. They definitely have the hitting power, but I'm concerned they will fail in the pitching department. Still rooting for the Sox, though! They've had a great season.

96gt02

Established Member
^ Id be shocked it Houston doesn't win it all again, they are the most complete team remaining and pretty hot as well.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Yes it should be, i find it amazing Houston is a small favorite considering Boston won 108 and have home field.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I haven't seen Houston as a favorite yet but I have seen them posted as dead even. With our road record it's not surprising. Both are favored over anyone out of the NL though.

Sale/Verlander and Price/Cole will be awesome to watch!

Users who are viewing this thread