Official 2018-19 NBA thread

Coiled03

Established Member
Can't believe nobody started this yet. Looking forward to another season, even though the end seems like a somewhat forgone conclusion. Some early thoughts:

I still hate Kyrie
Jayson Tatum is a ****ing stud.
I hope LeBron misses the playoffs entirely, though I know he won't.
I still hate Harden, but I have to root for him now since he's on my fantasy team.
Screw the Rockets.....and the Celtics, and the Cavs, and the Lakers, and the Heat.
My Bulls have no clue what they're doing from the front office down to "coach" Hoiberg.
Congrats to Golden State on winning the 2019 Championship! Wait....they still have to play the games?

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Ya, short of some sort of disaster I can’t see the Warriors losing.

The Magic will continue wandering the desert without a clue. The Spurs are a mystery for this season. I probably won’t pay much attention this season either

B7BlownSnake

Established Member
Go Lakers! I'm excited to see growth from the young guys with LeBron and Rondo teaching them. I know I'm in the minority here as a Lakers fan (also a Hamilton fan, again the minority!) but I think they'll do better than ESPN and the commentators are giving them credit for. The West is tough, and GS might be unbeatable again, but everyone short of them is vulnerable. I think even GS is beatable if you play tough and don't just try to out-shoot them.

I'm excited for the NBA to be back!

Coiled03

Established Member
LOL @ Lonzo. How is he going to get any run on this team? There are better players ahead of him, everywhere. #2 overall pick and I don't see how they can keep him.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
44755819_515022928972171_421661102934327296_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-1.jpg

DSGCOBRA24

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
He only swung after taking a left to the face. Lol. It’s known Chris Paul is not well liked by other NBA players.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
He only swung after taking a left to the face. Lol. It’s known Chris Paul is not well liked by other NBA players.

Lebron likes him apparently lol. At least he swung back instead of being a bitch I guess.

I don't care about the swing, or even this particular incident. He's been a crybaby his entire career. Rondo should've "son"'d him.

Alrighty then.

B7BlownSnake

Established Member
Rondo spit on him. I'd have swung on that hoe too.

Watch the video. I saw CP wipe his face, but Rondo is looking to his right, the swings head left. He isn't making eye contact with CP, and looks somewhat relaxed. If he intentionally spit on CP, he'd be looking at him and ready to go. He wouldn't be relaxed.

If anything it was unintentional sweat or spit from someone around them, or Rondo.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Watch the video. I saw CP wipe his face, but Rondo is looking to his right, the swings head left. He isn't making eye contact with CP, and looks somewhat relaxed. If he intentionally spit on CP, he'd be looking at him and ready to go. He wouldn't be relaxed.

If anything it was unintentional sweat or spit from someone around them, or Rondo.

Rondo clearly spit on him:

Yep, same video I saw. Whether or not it was intentional (Rondo claims it wasn't), he did spit in his face.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I don't like either of the guys but I dislike CP more, too bad that pop to the nose didn't land a little harder

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
Yep, same video I saw. Whether or not it was intentional (Rondo claims it wasn't), he did spit in his face.

I think maybe with his mouthpiece in his mouth he was trying to pull a Lance Stevenson and blow in his face, but spit instead. Then again, maybe not. IDK. Sure looks like spit from the video.

B7BlownSnake

Established Member

Thanks for the slo mo. I agree, something hit CP, he wouldn't wipe his face for no reason. It looks like unintentional spit/blown sweat from Rondo; he's breathing with his mouth wide open. Everyone was tense, but CP should see his face and realize he wasn't spitting intentionally before poking him in the face.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
wow, Curry will be atop the 3pointers made list before long assuming he doesn't have some career ending injury.

Users who are viewing this thread