Official 2017 NFL thread

Branhammer

Established Member
I realize this is the way it is around the country. I love it. If people don't hate you, you're irrelevant. If I'm traveling and I have any type of Patriots gear on I love when people have something to say. It's always funny the teams that the Patriots have crushed the most, taken the most from, their fans have the most to say. It's a tool the haters and losers (of which there are many) use to discount everything that Patriots have done. They got caught cheating one day, one game, in 2007. They were filming the Jets sideline in an unapproved filming area.

One of my favorites was while drinking at a bar in AZ the day before SB49 a group of Seahawks fans (least educated fans I've ever met btw) were saying cheater this cheater that. I stay well educated on every team's form of cheating in the NFL. I asked them if they thought running illegal practices was cheating - they said yes. I asked them if having the most PED suspensions in a year was cheating - they said yes. They had no idea they were saying their beloved Seahawks were cheating. The only thing Seahawks fans know about football is to yell when the other team has the ball and if someone yells "SEA!!" you say "HAWK!!!"

But see this is another reason people hate the Pats. Their fans aren't humble in the slightest. They love to gloat and call every other team losers and act like their team has transcended the NFL and deserve their own league. Just enjoy it while you can because your time is almost up, and once it is, the rest of the NFL fan base is going to be shitting down Pats fans throats for so long, it'll be the only thing they ever taste again.

mr2cam

Established Member
Too bad the Cheathawks are out. :p
I'm starting to think your problem there is having a Running Back, who throws the ball every once in a while playing the Quarterback position.

It's pretty sad when a running back lead the entire league in TD passes with probably the worst offensive line in NFL history :eek::eek:

colin450

Established Member
That's cool. Should we get out a list of the Red Sox that were doing it, too? If baseball is riddled with cheaters, it shouldn't be used as an example, should it?

Look man, it's ok if you're morally bankrupt enough to support cheating. Just try not to pass it on to your kids.

Kthx.

LOL and you just did what every Pats fan does - say every team does it. Try not to pass on being a sore loser to your kids.

colin450

Established Member
But see this is another reason people hate the Pats. Their fans aren't humble in the slightest. They love to gloat and call every other team losers and act like their team has transcended the NFL and deserve their own league. Just enjoy it while you can because your time is almost up, and once it is, the rest of the NFL fan base is going to be shitting down Pats fans throats for so long, it'll be the only thing they ever taste again.

Patriots fans being overbearing assholes is a direct result of people being equally overbearing in trying to discredit what they've accomplished. It's a two way street.

They actually have transcended the NFL now that you mention it. Since 2001 - 15 AFC East titles, 11 AFC Championship games, 6 IN A ROW from 2011-2016, 7 Super Bowl appearances, 5 Super Bowl wins. What they've done has never happened before and probably won't happen again. Don't worry when it's all over we'll just turn into Cowboys fans and talk about the good old days lol. I've seen enough success from that team to last two lifetimes, when they're on the level with the rest of the dregs of the NFL I'll still be happy.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I realize this is the way it is around the country. I love it. If people don't hate you, you're irrelevant. If I'm traveling and I have any type of Patriots gear on I love when people have something to say. It's always funny the teams that the Patriots have crushed the most, taken the most from, their fans have the most to say. It's a tool the haters and losers (of which there are many) use to discount everything that Patriots have done. They got caught cheating one day, one game, in 2007. They were filming the Jets sideline in an unapproved filming area.

One of my favorites was while drinking at a bar in AZ the day before SB49 a group of Seahawks fans (least educated fans I've ever met btw) were saying cheater this cheater that. I stay well educated on every team's form of cheating in the NFL. I asked them if they thought running illegal practices was cheating - they said yes. I asked them if having the most PED suspensions in a year was cheating - they said yes. They had no idea they were saying their beloved Seahawks were cheating. The only thing Seahawks fans know about football is to yell when the other team has the ball and if someone yells "SEA!!" you say "HAWK!!!"

Period.

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
22c31f4946244adf8a1831ecf57fbc70.jpg

Sent from my schlong dong using the svtperformance.com mobile app

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Patriots fans being overbearing assholes is a direct result of people being equally overbearing in trying to discredit what they've accomplished. It's a two way street.

They actually have transcended the NFL now that you mention it. Since 2001 - 15 AFC East titles, 11 AFC Championship games, 6 IN A ROW from 2011-2016, 7 Super Bowl appearances, 5 Super Bowl wins. What they've done has never happened before and probably won't happen again. Don't worry when it's all over we'll just turn into Cowboys fans and talk about the good old days lol. I've seen enough success from that team to last two lifetimes, when they're on the level with the rest of the dregs of the NFL I'll still be happy.

LMFAO! RE: Turning into Cowboys fans and talking about the good old days; at least you won't need a VCR to watch your superbowl wins!

colin450

Established Member
It's been a slow day at work and I've been waiting all day to argue with you guys about ESPN's newest Patriots hit piece and nothing but crickets in here.

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
It's been a slow day at work and I've been waiting all day to argue with you guys about ESPN's newest Patriots hit piece and nothing but crickets in here.
I've got better things to do. Besides, the articles write themselves.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
They actually have transcended the NFL now that you mention it. Since 2001 - 15 AFC East titles, 11 AFC Championship games, 6 IN A ROW from 2011-2016, 7 Super Bowl appearances, 5 Super Bowl wins.

i think if you are any sort of football fan you have to respect what they have done, there's no question about it. even as a bronco fan, i can appreciate it and think the pats' last 16 years has been one of the greatest dynasties of all time and we were all fortunate enough to witness it happening. i was even rooting for that 19-0 season - just to watch history being made.

but as far as goat, personally i don't say it's the greatest ever (although most would say it is) is that the league is so much different now and offense-friendly compared to how it was when i grew up in the 70s. no modern-day pure pocket qb like tom brady would have survived for a season in that environment. it was more difficult when the steelers, 49ers, cowboys and others did it so imo that's got to be factored in to the goat conversation.

Users who are viewing this thread