Official 2017 NFL thread

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
What a finish. Pats are lucky to get out of there with a win. Good to see Brady come through on their final drive. Great game from Gronk.

good game by the Steelers. just not good enough. lol and I still say its Bens time to think about retiring...

I thought Ben was outstanding. And who's going to replace him?

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
In before Outlaw said the Pats cheated by paying off the Refs to review that last attempted TD catch and reversing it.
I think at this point, everyone just assumes they cheat and game plan for it. No worries though, Steelers cheat too, so it all evened out.

Sent from a far away place

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
In before Outlaw said the Pats cheated by paying off the Refs to review that last attempted TD catch and reversing it.
I missed the game, i was seeing the last jedi. Just got out and took a quick glance at social media and from the sounds of it, the refs were voted unanimously all Pats game MVPs and given the game ball in the locker room.

* when you cant win without the refs bad calls.

Ill watch the recap and make me determination. But, im pretty sure they cheated.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

VNOMIS

Yeah, I said it
Established Member
Awfully sketchy turning that TD over. Even if the ball moved after he made it into the end zone, it looked like the receiver made a football move by lunging for the end zone.

Gary Macomber

Established Member
Awfully sketchy turning that TD over. Even if the ball moved after he made it into the end zone, it looked like the receiver made a football move by lunging for the end zone.
Must maintain possession through the entire catch, that includes going to the ground where he lost control of it as it hit the ground and his left hand came off it.

colin450

Established Member

The lunge was a voluntary move so it's not a dead ball when it crosses the goal line. A dumb rule that should be changed but they made the call by the rule.
23342ca0e2b4fb12bbbebd95e0229608.jpg

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
yet another mysterious game where the patriots needed a perfect sequence of events and certain penalty calls at key game situations to pull off a miracle win.

the reversed call on that clear touch down is a travesty of justice. It should not have even gone to booth review and there certainly wasnt "indisputable evidence" enough to reverse the on field call.

aint saying aliens.... but aliens...

if i had 5 bucks for every time some shenanigans happened at the end of an important patriots game i would not be going to work tomorrow.

colin450

Established Member
yet another mysterious game where the patriots needed a perfect sequence of events and certain penalty calls at key game situations to pull off a miracle win.

the reversed call on that clear touch down is a travesty of justice. It should not have even gone to booth review and there certainly wasnt "indisputable evidence" enough to reverse the on field call.

aint saying aliens.... but aliens...

if i had 5 bucks for every time some shenanigans happened at the end of an important patriots game i would not be going to work tomorrow.

It was a clear touchdown if the ball didn't come lose. It's amazing when the Patriots lose on a questionable call Patriot fans can't say anything about it without being called delusional blah blah blah. But when they get one in their favor the haters and losers are out in full force.

How about stopping Gronkowski when everyone playing and watching the game knows it's going to him?

Branhammer

Established Member
That was a TD. It's really not debatable. And yes I hate the Pats but I'm fair. His knee was down AND the ball crossed the plane AND his hand was underneath the ball enough that it wasn't clear enough to overturn. Period. It's a moot point anyway. On any play in the world, if you have the ball under control until you cross the plane, it's a TD...unless it's a reception? Bull shit. It's either a TD when it crosses the plane OR there's not enough evidence to overturn. Either way that was a TD and a total screw job of the Steelers.

I swear asking a ref what constitutes a catch is like asking my wife what she wants for dinner.

colin450

Established Member
His knee going down is the exact reason it wasn't a catch. He had to survive the ground because he caught the ball going to the ground. He didn't. Ball 100% popped loose when it hit the ground, incomplete pass. If I'm a Steelers fan or have Patriots Dysmorphia Syndrome like everyone in here I'd be pissed. But by the rule, the correct call was made. Great night all around by the refs.

Branhammer

Established Member
His knee going down is the exact reason it wasn't a catch. He had to survive the ground because he caught the ball going to the ground. He didn't. Ball 100% popped loose when it hit the ground, incomplete pass. If I'm a Steelers fan or have Patriots Dysmorphia Syndrome like everyone in here I'd be pissed. But by the rule, the correct call was made. Great night all around by the refs.

He survived the ground until the ball crossed the plane. If a RB crosses the plane on a run and had the ball stripped by a defender the minute the ball crosses, doesn't matter...TD. WR catches the ball and doesn't lose control until after it crosses the plane, doesn't matter...TD.

And again, I've seen calls with way more evidence fail to be reversed....so...horse shit. And only Pats fans will defend it. I've even got FB friends who are Pats fans saying "yeah it was total bull shit but I'll take it."

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm going to have to agree with colin here. We had the same thing in our game when Jimmy Graham made a catch, but lost it as he hit the ground. Looked like a catch, but by the current rules, a pass has to be caught and completed by maintaining control throughout.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
He survived the ground until the ball crossed the plane. If a RB crosses the plane on a run and had the ball stripped by a defender the minute the ball crosses, doesn't matter...TD. WR catches the ball and doesn't lose control until after it crosses the plane, doesn't matter...TD.

And again, I've seen calls with way more evidence fail to be reversed....so...horse shit. And only Pats fans will defend it. I've even got FB friends who are Pats fans saying "yeah it was total bull shit but I'll take it."

If the receiver had established possession of the ball and then lost it after he crossed the plane then yes it would be a TD. Since he was going to the ground while making the catch he has to maintain possession throughout in order to establish possession. Since he did not do that the pass is incomplete. Crossing the plane was irrelevant. Sucks but that's the rule and has been for a long time.

colin450

Established Member

What you're saying is true in theory but not according to the NFL. He never became a runner so your comparison doesn't make sense. A receiver going to the ground has to survive the ground regardless of the goal line. It's a bullshit rule, not a bullshit call.

Users who are viewing this thread