Official 2017 MLB Thread

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
Roy Halladay killed in a plane crash. What a shame. He was truly one of the top pitchers of his generation, if not the best.

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
Always liked Roy, guy was a friggin stud of a pitcher. I don't know how the hell the Phillies didn't win a WS with him and the 3 other aces they had some 7 years ago. Oswald, Halliday, Hamels, and Moyer. Plus "lights out" Lidge closing. That team was a pitching juggernaut on paper.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
^^^^^Lidge crumbles under pressure in the post season. Just ask any of us here in Houston. I was so happy to see him gone.

Except for 2008 his first year in Philly after he left here. Of course he goes right back to his old form and wins a world series like just about everyone that left. That chapped my ass.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Except for 2008 his first year in Philly after he left here. Of course he goes right back to his old form and wins a world series like just about everyone that left. That chapped my ass.

I will forever have the image of him floating one right over the plate for Pujols to crush in NLCS game 5 with bases loaded....I just knew Pujols was going deep in that ass, sure enough...

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
I will forever have the image of him floating one right over the plate for Pujols to crush in NLCS game 5 with bases loaded....I just knew Pujols was going deep in that ass, sure enough...

3 run jack but yeah, that damn ball still hasn't landed. We recover in game 6 to go to the WS anyways just to have Lidge blow game 2. And game 4. ****.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
3 run jack but yeah, that damn ball still hasn't landed. We recover in game 6 to go to the WS anyways just to have Lidge blow game 2. And game 4. ****.

yep...it's all flooding back...people see the record and simply come to the conclusion we got swept, technically we did, but it was not one-sided in the least...those games were close in knife fights.

Last edited:

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
23472743_793805524141138_2721729575942425004_n.jpg

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
Derek Jeter might run the Marlins but apparently his allegiance is still with the Yankees. I know it was a salary dump but you're telling me Starlin Castro and prospects was the best he could get for the ultimate slugger in baseball? And the Marlins are still on the hook for $30m of his contract. Steal of the century for the Yankees.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
I was really hoping for Stanton. He's just what the Sox were missing with Ortiz gone.
Or Otani. Can't wait to see that guy.

I read an article where the Astros were in contention. The #1 offense in baseball and you take Beltran's shit bat off of it and add Stanton's? Holy cow.

Users who are viewing this thread