Official 2017 Formula 1 thread

Gringo185

2nd Civ Div
Established Member
Oh and can we please talk about Sir Patrick Stewart?! That was probably the best podium interview I've ever seen (even with the lack of microphone for Bottas). It's clear he's a genuine F1 fan and the drivers have massive respect for him. Plus, he gets some serious bro points for drinking out of Ricciardo's boot.

Canadian-F1-Grand-Prix_zpsedjrlvmv.jpg

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Oh and can we please talk about Sir Patrick Stewart?! That was probably the best podium interview I've ever seen (even with the lack of microphone for Bottas). It's clear he's a genuine F1 fan and the drivers have massive respect for him. Plus, he gets some serious bro points for drinking out of Ricciardo's boot.

Haha, was watching with friends, we were talking about how Patrick Stewart never ages. When that happened I had to say "... and that is how Patrick Stewart died". That is my new work desktop, I'm sure someone will ask WTF is going on.

Coiled03

Established Member

It was hilarious! But I gotta admit, the thought of doing that makes me wanna puke lol.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Looks like McLaren is dumping honda engines! About damn time, its criminal for Alonso to be relagated to backmarker status. I know this won't fix everything with the McLarens, but it will go a long ways in the right direction.

http://blackflag.jalopnik.com/mclar...ource=jalopnik_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

If they have competitive power and can stay alive for an entire race, they will be a force.

anyone watching Le Mans this weekend? Toyota's LMP1 car just annihilated the track record during a qualifying lap.

Those cars are retarded fast. I can't wait for the race.

It sucks the FGT got worked so hard by BoP, they aren't qualifying well.

Gringo185

2nd Civ Div
Established Member
McLaren has a solid chassis and one of the strongest development teams on the planet. So long as they don't get the slightly underpowered "customer car special", this 3 horse race will certainly become a 4 horse race.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
If they have competitive power and can stay alive for an entire race, they will be a force.

Those cars are retarded fast. I can't wait for the race.

It sucks the FGT got worked so hard by BoP, they aren't qualifying well.

I hate the BOP bullshit, it's a liberal mindset to level the playing field. Run what you brung and hope you brung enough!

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
FWIW I still think Ford brings home the win in GT LME. After seeing so many close ups of that car from top to bottom, it's so much better built than the 488..

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
FWIW I still think Ford brings home the win in GT LME. After seeing so many close ups of that car from top to bottom, it's so much better built than the 488..
I'm concerned the #63 car is going to fly under the radar with all this BoP drama between Ford and Ferrari and do some damage.. They have a dream team of drivers and somehow they always seem to make the right call pit wise.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I'm concerned the #63 car is going to fly under the radar with all this BoP drama between Ford and Ferrari and do some damage.. They have a dream team of drivers and somehow they always seem to make the right call pit wise.

I hadn't even given the C7Rs much thought, because they did so poorly last year, but you make an excellent point. That team knows how to win and all they have to do is let Ferrari and Ford battle it out.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I hadn't even given the C7Rs much thought, because they did so poorly last year, but you make an excellent point. That team knows how to win and all they have to do is let Ferrari and Ford battle it out.
I'm hoping Ford takes the conservative approach. I did like how aggressively they won last year but they need to be careful this year, they don't have the legs to make up for any mistakes.

Coiled03

Established Member
I'll have to record as much as I can as I'll be too busy to watch much this weekend.

I'll, of course, but pulling for the FGTs. But, me thinks they'll have a difficult time repeating.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
A buddy was telling me Amazon Prime would have a stream. I can't find any details and think he may have confused the Le Mans documentary they just released.

Gringo185

2nd Civ Div
Established Member
Wild race in Baku. Happy for Stroll and very impressed with Bottas's drive. Shady brake check by Hamilton but an extremely stupid decision by Vettel to retaliate that cost him the race.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Wild race in Baku. Happy for Stroll and very impressed with Bottas's drive. Shady brake check by Hamilton but an extremely stupid decision by Vettel to retaliate that cost him the race.

The FIA analysed the telemetry and it apparently wasn't a brake check or a sudden lift off the gas, but it sure looks like it.

Gringo185

2nd Civ Div
Established Member
The FIA analysed the telemetry and it apparently wasn't a brake check or a sudden lift off the gas, but it sure looks like it.

Good to know. I've got to say though, he handled it in an extremely mature manner in the post race interview. It was brutal watching Vettel feign ignorance when pressed by Will Buxton.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Good to know. I've got to say though, he handled it in an extremely mature manner in the post race interview. It was brutal watching Vettel feign ignorance when pressed by Will Buxton.

That's interesting the feed I was watching on the NBC app said Vettel refused the interview. I dunno, I wasn't a fan of Hamilton going right to the "Bad role model for the children angle". Vettel was clearly in the wrong but don't go all political trying to lobby for additional action. I'm a little bias though as I am NOT a Hamilton fan. I was a little ashamed as a Vettel fan, didn't think he would do something like that. I guess everyone lets their emotions get the better of them at times.

Speaking of Hamilton I thought it was a real bitch move to ask the team to have Bottas slow down to back up Vettel. Especially in hindsight with Bottas grabbing P2 by 0.10s.

Coiled03

Established Member
Speaking of Hamilton I thought it was a real bitch move to ask the team to have Bottas slow down to back up Vettel. Especially in hindsight with Bottas grabbing P2 by 0.10s.

Of course it was. But bitches will be bitches. That's Hamilton for ya.

Just once, I'd like to see what he could do in equipment that's not the best of the best. He already gets testy when he's challenged while driving the best chassis out there. He'd soil himself if he had to drive a Ferrari the likes of what Schumacher had when he arrived to that team.

Gringo185

2nd Civ Div
Established Member
That's interesting the feed I was watching on the NBC app said Vettel refused the interview.

I saw that too. But there was a successful interview about 30 minutes after the race:

I was dumbstruck when I heard that radio message. I've always known that Hamilton was selfish but that showed that he's on a whole new level. He didn't want to play with the team during the last race of the season in 2016 when he was deliberately told to pick up the pace but all of the sudden wants team orders to drop Bottas back and risk a lower points paying position.

Users who are viewing this thread