Official 2016 NFL Season Thread

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Great. Now Jerry Jones really thinks he's smart.

Quite honestly, the thanks should go to my Seahawks. We knocked Romo out early and gave you guys Prescott.
To be fair, Prescott isnt the main reason, Zeke is. Im pretty sure they would’ve had a similar record with Romo in it. Romo is a much better passer than Dak. Injuries and mistakes cost him but overall, he was far from being the horrible QB the media makes him seem.

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
Outlaw is Kris lol but yes I agree him and shehe are probably on a suicide watch. I don't think giving Miller money was a bad idea but we all know not getting a good QB was going to bite them in the ass.

It's not the QB. Siemian is middle of the road but statistically better than Manning and Osweiler. Their offensive line is terrible and losing CJ Anderson didn't help either. Giving Miller the money was a good move. Giving Demariyus Thomas the money was not a good move. He's good but he's not hungry anymore. When his mom and grandma got pardoned or released from prison it really screwed him up mentally. I'm not happy they are (probably) missing the playoffs but they know how to re-tool and make a run next season.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
You’re right on those points but has the O line really changed much from last year? I know defense took a hit against the run. Ton of us knew when Malik Jackson left, it was going to take a big hit, bunch of Bronco fans though were blind and didnt want to admit it.

Dropping Ronnie Hillman was also a bad move IMO, he couldve put better numbers than Forsett.

scott_0

Established Member
Romo is a much better passer than Dak. Injuries and mistakes cost him but overall, he was far from being the horrible QB the media makes him seem.
Romo is awful in the clutch, cant deny all the ints in clutch moments, thus far in his young career, Prescott hasnt displayed that

scott_0

Established Member
You also can't deny the most 4th quarter comebacks. Saying Tony Romo isn't cluch is asinine
he's clutch, yes but it's just as asinine to ignore the fact that he will throw an interception at a bad time in a big game, rookie or not, Dallas is better off with Prescott

Sent from my S7 Edge on Tapatalk

Last edited:

VNOMIS

Yeah, I said it
Established Member
he's clutch, yes but it's just as asinine to ignore the fact that he will throw an interception at a bad time in a big game, rookie or not, Dallas is better off with Prescott

More times than not, he hasn't done that. He's been clutch more than he hasn't. People and media pick out these select times he's thrown an interception at a crucial spot and make it seem like it does it every time when he doesn't.

scott_0

Established Member
how many playoffs wins does he have? you could add one more, because we all know they were wronged against the Packers, but his playoff record isn't stellar man.......

VNOMIS

Yeah, I said it
Established Member
how many playoffs wins does he have? you could add one more, because we all know they were wronged against the Packers, but his playoff record isn't stellar man.......

Now you're moving the goal posts. First it was being clutch and now it's how many playoff wins does he have. He's come up big in big time moments more times than he hasn't. Unless we're only talking about the playoffs now. Playoffs have been troublesome for him but I don't blame him for every playoff loss. In the end, I just think things get blown out of proportion when it comes to him.

mr2cam

Established Member
Did anyone else see that complete bullshit of a penalty on Cam Newton? Listen I really dislike Newton, mostly from all his arrogance from last year, but this is just getting out of hand, that was a blatant shot to the head of a QB that was going down for a slide, and then ya he "tossed" the football at the guy that cheap shotted him and they give him the penalty, what a joke.

VNOMIS

Yeah, I said it
Established Member
Did anyone else see that complete bullshit of a penalty on Cam Newton? Listen I really dislike Newton, mostly from all his arrogance from last year, but this is just getting out of hand, that was a blatant shot to the head of a QB that was going down for a slide, and then ya he "tossed" the football at the guy that cheap shotted him and they give him the penalty, what a joke.
Agreed. It's getting ridiculous. Hits him in the head and his head proceeds to bounce off the ground. I'm surprised he popped up as quick as he did. I don't give a shit how big and strong he is, if a player hits him in the head, that's a penalty. Has he had a roughing the passer, helmet to helmet or anything of that nature called when it's happened to him this year?

Last edited:

scott_0

Established Member
his whining in the past about different things bothered me, but the guy has a legitimate complaint here, something needs to be done smh

BlueSnake01

Established Member

IMO the only thing that stopped him the past years was his injuries, he’s made out of glass. I believe he was one of the few who beat the Hawks at home and did it the 2nd year they went to the SB. His QBR is in the top 3 of the active QB’s from 15 years ago including Peyton Manning, I believe Rodgers is the only one on top of him.

I am FAR from a Romo fan and always give Cowboys fan's crap but Romo isnt what everyone makes him out to be. Prescott is a smart QB and their future but at the moment, he isnt someone to rely on to win the big games when the team is down. Zeke carries that load.

I didnt see the whole game but did see that online and it was BS. Had it been any other big QB, that would’ve been an easy flag.

VNOMIS

Yeah, I said it
Established Member
Cowboys are the NFC East Champs and clinched home field. Nice! Didn't think they'd get anywhere close to that accomplishment this year but it's a welcome surprise.

Eli was looking pretty bad against philly tonight. Please look exactly like that Eli if you play the Cowboys again. Lol

scott_0

Established Member
I was actually quietly rooting for my team to lose, **** the Cowboys! last thing I wanted to see was us helping them clinch, but as Ive said all along, its the Cowboys, theyll **** it up in the playoffs, I stand by my prediction they lose their first game

Users who are viewing this thread