Official 2016 NFL Season Thread

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
The preseason has already started so it's time to start up the new thread. Are the Broncos going to repeat? How will the Patriots do without Brady for a quarter of the season? Will the NFC step back up?

Last year I correctly predicted that my Texans would go 9-7. I have no idea what we're going to do this year. We have a fairly tough schedule, JJ Watt is hurt, I have no idea what Clowney is going to do (probably nothing), but we do have a lot of potential upside with a new QB, RB, and a lot more team speed this year. It should be an interesting and fun year regardless. I'm going to guess at another 9-7 season.

SLVRBLT

Such is Life....
Established Member
5-11 or 6-10 at best for the birds. O line needs help and with Lane missing 10 games, it wont help.

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
Broncos 11-5. Defense saves sanchez ass. Wins superbowl 51. Everyone apologizes to outlaw for years of undue beratement. Brady gets caught in a gay bar bathroom stall glory hole station. Chiefs are rwmoved from the league. Kubiak become the winningest coach in nfl history.

Wait...im dreaming again. ( lifts head off desk from puddle of drool )

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
If Denver stays healthy I think they are still the team to beat. Patriots will be tough as usual even with out Brady for a while. Texans might have enough defense to win 10 games in spite of Osweiler's mediocrity. Cam Newton takes the Panthers deep into the playoffs again but it will be Green Bay, Arizona, or Seattle in the SB.

Cutler gets benched or traded.
Romo gets hurt.
Miami, Jax, Oak, Chi, Phi, Cle, SD, still suck.
"YOU LIKE THAT" will not be a saying this year.
RG3's comeback bid falls a bit short.
Planter and CSD finally hookup.

Did I miss any?

Branhammer

Established Member
AFC East:
-Patriots get swept by Dolphins (no Brady in NE and they can't beat Fins in Miami) but still go 10-6 or 11-5 and win the division, but lose in their first playoff game.
-Jets make playoffs but lose in the wildcard round.
-Dolphins HC Adam Gase is not under pressure to win in his first year. He takes a lot of risks in games to see exactly what his players can/can't do. Sweeps Pats and improves team but still goes 8-8 or 9-7 and doesn't make playoffs.
-Bills get even worse but still sweep Dolphins. Get swept by Pats and split with Jets. 7-9. No playoffs. Rex Ryan is fired and goes back to being a DC, which is what should've happened anyway because he's a garbage HC.

AFC West:
-Broncos win division and possibly go back to the SB but lose to the Cardinals.
-Raiders give Broncos all they can handle in both of their games. Go 10-6. Wildcard team.
-Chiefs get worse. 9-7. No playoffs.
-Chargers still suck. Rivers has another awesome year but gets no help from the team around him. Another year of his HOF talent wasted.

AFC South:
-Texans and Jags battle it out for top spot but Jags are still a bit green so Texans win division.
-Jags go 10-6 but lose playoff seeding to Jets.
-Colts go 8-8. Luck can only do so much.
-Titans still a dumpster fire.

AFC North
-Steelers win division
-Ravens go 9-7. Miss playoffs.
-Bengals lost a lot of good players and coaches. 9-7 or even 8-8.
-Browns....

NFC East
-Giants have too much talent not to win division this year.
-Skins do alright but don't take as big a step forward as Giants. Miss playoffs.
-Eagles in similar position to Dolphins. No pressure to win in HC's first year so he will push his team to the limit. Mistakes will be made, but lessons learned. 8-8.
-Cowboys suck because Romo is an injury-prone bitch. I give him 5 games before he's hurt again. No playoffs.

NFC West:

-Cards win SB. Fitzgerald retires after finally getting the ring that he deserves more than any other player in the league.
-Seahawks earn a wildcard, but definitely notice the hole that Beast Mode left in the running game.
-Rams still have great defense and no offense. No playoffs.
-49er are an atrocity. Their fans should riot.

NFC South:
- Panthers win division
- Saints improve. Brees has career year. Still no defense. 9-7. No Playoffs.
- Falcons start 6-2, but still end 8-8.
- Bucs still bringing up the rear but do improve all around over last year.

NFC North:
-Packers win division
-Vikings earn wildcard
-Lions get worse without Megatron
-Bears....

Last edited:

SLVRBLT

Such is Life....
Established Member
I know the Raiders have to prove it, but I can see them making the playoffs. Good young core players on both sides of the ball. 9-7 or even 10-6.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Fans should riot! I was a fan, through the lunecy of Garcia and smith. Finally we had a good team again only to be derailed by two guys who want more power. Not a fan, until they fire York, Baalke, and Kelly!

Kelly coaching philosophy lets go so fast our defense plays 80% of the game. His college coaching record was great when compared to teams that weren't as fast. When they played the top teams he got hammered. Hate to break to current niner fans every team in the NFL is fast. What a joke!

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Bengals fan here predicting 10-6 it will come down to them or Pitt to win the AFC North. Although can't sleep on the Ratbirds. We lost players but have some good young talent. Of course we have to play Scott's team again the Texan's which seem to be there kryptonight. I'd love one playoff win but not going to hold my breath.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Bengals fan here predicting 10-6 it will come down to them or Pitt to win the AFC North. Although can't sleep on the Ratbirds. We lost players but have some good young talent. Of course we have to play Scott's team again the Texan's which seem to be there kryptonight. I'd love one playoff win but not going to hold my breath.

It's a late season Saturday night game too. Playoff implications maybe? We've won the last 5 vs the Bengals but hey, the Dolphins broke their 0-7 streak against us last year so anything can happen.

colin450

Established Member
Pats go 2-2 with Jimmy G. and finish the year 12-4 with the #1 seed in the AFC. Beat the Steelers at home in AFCCG. Beat the Cardinals in SB51.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
It's a late season Saturday night game too. Playoff implications maybe? We've won the last 5 vs the Bengals but hey, the Dolphins broke their 0-7 streak against us last year so anything can happen.

Yes could be playoff implications or even possibly a wildcard slot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlueSnake01

Established Member
For once, can we please make it without talking about the Pats or Broncos? I’d like to see the other teams make a come back like Cowboys or the Jaguars hell even the Browns. Something different and fresh.

I pick the Patriots to win SB 51 :thumbsup:

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
For once, can we please make it without talking about the Pats or Broncos? I’d like to see the other teams make a come back like Cowboys or the Jaguars hell even the Browns. Something different and fresh.

I pick the Patriots to win SB 51 :thumbsup:

You say dont talk about patriots is like flashing the Bat signal in the sky to me. I am to the patriots as julian asange is to liberals.

Users who are viewing this thread