Official 2016 NCAA Football Thread

shb5007

Established Member
I do know that USC is about to put a hurting on PSU. Get ready for about a 21 point loss.

This could very well happen. I am hoping for a good solid game after the jokes that took place yesterday. USC is a very good team who has improved dramatically as the year has progressed, much like Penn State. I don't have much confidence in the B1G after the past 2 days.

I really can't fathom that. I would easily say they are the hottest offense in the B1G right now (and have been since beating Ohio State). They haven't scored less than 38 points in their last 6 games. That includes putting up 41 on Iowa and 45 on Michigan State, both who Michigan and Ohio State had some troubles with on offense. Who is a better QB that McSorely? I would easily put Barkley in the top 2-3 RB's in the Conference, if not the best (depending on line play, see below). We have a solid TE (lead the B1G in receiving for TE's). We have a nice group of receivers that can all be dangerous and work all over the field.

If there are any weaknesses they are still on the line play (particularly offensive) and with experience (still one of the youngest teams in the Country). The line play has been helped by the new offense this year. The lack of experience has been improving all year long, obviously, as they just kept winning.

TRBO VNM

FSU/UM game still one of it not the best bowl game. We'll see what the NCG brings us fans.

And Go Noles. Suck it Michigan. Maybe you guys should have spent some time enjoying the area. Cook goes for 145yards on that vaunted defense. . Proving he is the best back in the Country. Should have been in NY. Of course Jackson lays an egg. Not surprised. He isn't the best player in the Country.

TRBO VNM

FSU/UM game still one of it not the best bowl game. We'll see what the NCG brings us fans.

And Go Noles. Suck it Michigan. Maybe you guys should have spent some time enjoying the area. Cook goes for 145yards on that vaunted defense. . Proving he is the best back in the Country. Should have been in NY. Of course Jackson lays an egg. Not surprised. He isn't the best player in the Country.

TRBO VNM

Easy to say that after the fact. Penn State should have gone over us, but whatever. I have a feeling that Urban is going to push the players even harder in prep for next season now. We did have the lowest number of returning starters in the power 5 conferences this year, so it wasn't a terrible year by any means. It just sucks that we lost our final game the way that we did. ACC is killing it this bowl season too.

After the fact? I was here weeks ago stating they shouldn't be in. Hell, Urban said himself you shouldn't play for it all if you don't win your conference. So he benefited and laid an egg. They need to expand for sure but they should not have been in the final 4 and I said it a while ago.

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
After the fact? I was here weeks ago stating they shouldn't be in. Hell, Urban said himself you shouldn't play for it all if you don't win your conference. So he benefited and laid an egg. They need to expand for sure but they should not have been in the final 4 and I said it a while ago.
Ok. I just saw the newest one. I thought it was bs that we got in over Penn state due to the head to head and the fact that they won the B1G championship. I just hope that USC and PSU is a good game.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
I really can't fathom that. I would easily say they are the hottest offense in the B1G right now (and have been since beating Ohio State). They haven't scored less than 38 points in their last 6 games. That includes putting up 41 on Iowa and 45 on Michigan State, both who Michigan and Ohio State had some troubles with on offense. Who is a better QB that McSorely? I would easily put Barkley in the top 2-3 RB's in the Conference, if not the best (depending on line play, see below). We have a solid TE (lead the B1G in receiving for TE's). We have a nice group of receivers that can all be dangerous and work all over the field.

If there are any weaknesses they are still on the line play (particularly offensive) and with experience (still one of the youngest teams in the Country). The line play has been helped by the new offense this year. The lack of experience has been improving all year long, obviously, as they just kept winning.

I can. Your weakness is our greatest strength. McSorely was running for his life the first time and that wouldn't change. Leave Lewis and Stribling on islands, bring everyone else up, let the guys pin their ears back.

Would we win by 39 again? Not saying that, but we'd win.

03_SVT_Freak

Stirring the pot :D
Established Member
I can. Your weakness is our greatest strength. McSorely was running for his life the first time and that wouldn't change. Leave Lewis and Stribling on islands, bring everyone else up, let the guys pin their ears back.

After y'alls bowl, I would have to disagree. Y'alls QB is not good.

shb5007

Established Member

In a series of 7, I could see it going 7 games. I am just not sure anyone in the B1G beats Penn State right now. Honestly, I feel like Penn State improved each and every game this year (as a whole). I think quite a few (myself included) would say that Michigan actually regressed at times. Those combined are the reason that Penn State won a Conference Championship.

This is what I was getting at earlier when I disagreed with Michigan being ahead of schedule. You want to talk about schools being ahead of schedule, that would be Penn State. For obvious reasons.

The good news is, we will find out next year, but this time in our place. Penn State should be even better next year, but I don't think the same will be said of Michigan.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
In a series of 7, I could see it going 7 games. I am just not sure anyone in the B1G beats Penn State right now. Honestly, I feel like Penn State improved each and every game this year (as a whole). I think quite a few (myself included) would say that Michigan actually regressed at times. Those combined are the reason that Penn State won a Conference Championship.

This is what I was getting at earlier when I disagreed with Michigan being ahead of schedule. You want to talk about schools being ahead of schedule, that would be Penn State. For obvious reasons.

The good news is, we will find out next year, but this time in our place. Penn State should be even better next year, but I don't think the same will be said of Michigan.

You make too much of a bad game that we lost by a last second FG, getting screwed in 2OT at the Shoe, and losing again by 1 point with our best players on either side of the ball out (in a defacto road game). UM would own both sides of the LOS against PSU, especially on defense. But, we're not playing again this year so we'll see next year. Will we be better? That will all depend on if we stay healthy. We'll have good players at certain spots with some talent but we will have little depth. I can see us losing 3 games next year from the UF/PSU/WIS/OSU games. If Speight really develops in year 2 or Peters overtakes him and really shines maybe it's less. Like I said before 2018 and beyond is what I'm looking towards.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
I do know that USC is about to put a hurting on PSU. Get ready for about a 21 point loss.

...that and Alabama is about to get our 5th National Championship in the last 8 years! Roll Tide

Agreed on both parts. Seems like the team that gave BAMA the best game all year was LSU.

As I stated earlier in this thread LSU would do to Jackson what they did to Manziel. Make him have his worse game of the year. Mission accomplished.

Last edited:

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
For some reason in our pickem I chose Florida. In the one I have money riding in I chose Iowa. Really needed the Big 10 to step up for me and they folded. Best I can do in my money pickem is 3rd and that will be $0 money. If Iowa had won, I'd be in first, it's that close.

In other words Big 10 really sucks, SEC rules.

shb5007

Established Member
Yikes! Another blowout loss for the B1G and Wisconsin and W. Michigan play tight. Doesn't make me feel too good about the Rose Bowl. We shall see what happens.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Yikes! Another blowout loss for the B1G and Wisconsin and W. Michigan play tight. Doesn't make me feel too good about the Rose Bowl. We shall see what happens.

I've got USC for the same reason I picked Florida in the one pick'em. They're playing in their home state.

Mika

Established Member

Not taking anything away from PSU, but they have their hands full today. USC is a different and much better team now than they were at the beginning of the season when they played Bama. With that said PSU should have been in the playoffs. Here's to a good Rose Bowl.

Users who are viewing this thread