Official 2016 NCAA Football Thread

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Fall camp is well under way and we're only 2.5 weeks away from kickoff. Will Bama continue their dominance? Or will another team sneak up and knock them off the pedestal again?

Needless to day I'm very excited for Michigan this year. Year 2 under Harbaugh with good coaching, a strong recruiting class, and a lot more upperclassmen playing, it should be a good year. We have some tough games on the road (OSU, MSU, Iowa) but I like the overall talent on the team. Should make for a fun year. I can't wait!

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Can not wait for Football to start. Still curious to see who Kelly will pick Zaire or Kizer to get the starting job. ND schedule does not look to bad this year. We lost people but Kelly keeps bringing in talent. I'm going to guess 9-3 or 10-2.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Can not wait for Football to start. Still curious to see who Kelly will pick Zaire or Kizer to get the starting job. ND schedule does not look to bad this year. We lost people but Kelly keeps bringing in talent. I'm going to guess 9-3 or 10-2.

Texas, Michigan St, Stanford, USC, Virginia Tech, pretty decent schedule there.

VNOMIS

Yeah, I said it
Established Member
I'm ready for some football! If Charlie Strong and Sterlin Gilbert know what's good for them, then they'll start Shane Buechele. If they trot Tyrone Swoopes out there for the first game, I'm gonna start breaking shit!

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Texas, Michigan St, Stanford, USC, Virginia Tech, pretty decent schedule there.

I hear ya. They beat Texas last year I'm confident they will again this year its on a Sunday too weird. Michigan ST will prolly be a loss. Stanford they will beat playing them at home no cake walk but I'm confident in that one. USC I'm not sure ND doesn't have much luck out there but I've heard for the last few years it's going to be their year and they always seem to fall short. VT not to sure maybe another loss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
My Buckeyes will be right there again this year...we've got a great schedule, with road games at Oklahoma and Michigan State, then we end the year at home against Sinister's weasels. We've also got Pedo St. and Wisconsin on the road, sure beats last year's dog of a schedule! Plus we'll be hungry, not complacent. Cannot wait to see JT Barrett at QB full-time this year.

So many great games to start the season too, marquee programs stepping up and playing each other. It will be exciting for sure! OSU/OU, USC/Bama, Auburn/Clemson, ND's schedule...the list goes on and on!.

McCaffrey for Heisman...I think!

Last edited:

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Fournette in a walking boot. Should be ready to play for Wisconsin. I'll stick my neck out and say LSU will be in the final 4.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
God willing.

BOLD.

That is bold. I'm not sold on LSU at all.

And for all the pub Fournette receives, I'd put McCaffrey and Watson ahead of him right now for the Heisman. Maybe I just hate the SEC? LOL

As far as UM/OSU goes...I think even though we are reloaded with young guys and Michigan is more experienced, the fact that the game is in C-bus and we are totally loaded and have all season to gel, Michigan won't come close to us again this year. Who knows though, I could be wrong.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
That is bold. I'm not sold on LSU at all.

And for all the pub Fournette receives, I'd put McCaffrey and Watson ahead of him right now for the Heisman. Maybe I just hate the SEC? LOL

As far as UM/OSU goes...I think even though we are reloaded with young guys and Michigan is more experienced, the fact that the game is in C-bus and we are totally loaded and have all season to gel, Michigan won't come close to us again this year. Who knows though, I could be wrong.

I'm not going to predict a win but I do think it will be close either way.

If QB play is above average, LSU should be unstoppable. If QB play is what it has been, then yes they're a one man team on offense. Defense should be much improved. We have BAMA at home this year.

When was the last time LSU had above average QB play?

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
I'm not going to predict a win but I do think it will be close either way.

When was the last time LSU had above average QB play?

Zach Mettenberger, Jamarcus Russell, even Jordan Jefferson was an above avg QB until the NCG game. But he folded bad in that one. In 2011 the only team I didn't want to see us play in the NCG game was BAMA. Okie State would've been an easy victory.

Last edited:

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
Zach Mettenberger, Jamarcus Russell, even Jordan Jefferson was an above avg QB until the NCG game. But he folded bad in that one. In 2011 the only team I didn't want to see us play in the NCG game was BAMA. Okie State would've been an easy victory.

Is the problem Les Miles? Seems like LSU can go undefeated or lose 5 games...totally schizophrenic.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Is the problem Les Miles? Seems like LSU can go undefeated or lose 5 games...totally schizophrenic.

I like Les as he has kept LSU relevant for a long time. Maybe not NCG relevant, but relevant non the less. They recruit top QB talent, but lately they've not lived up to their rankings. QB coaching maybe, but I believe that is Cam Camron's job.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
I like Les as he has kept LSU relevant for a long time. Maybe not NCG relevant, but relevant non the less. They recruit top QB talent, but lately they've not lived up to their rankings. QB coaching maybe, but I believe that is Cam Camron's job.

I like Les Miles, even if he is from Michigan. Guy is quirky, has ballz, and is feisty.

Users who are viewing this thread