Official 2016 NCAA Football Thread

4barrel

Established Member
$50 LSU shuts him down in the bowl game.

Maybe they will. That won't erase the 51 touchdowns he was responsible for this season. It also will not result in them taking the Heisman trophy away from him. Now that that is established, let me also let you know how delicious all the tears in this thread taste.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
I have a problem with Peppers being a finalist...he is a great all-around athlete, but isn't anywhere near the difference maker Jackson is. Plus, I hate Michigan, so...

And I'm confused about Westbrook's invitation to NY. I don't know how he got in the mix. I know he had a good year, but Heisman worthy? I"m not sure about that! I think Jackson and Watson deserved to be there, and I'm surprised/disappointed Browning from Washington wasn't invited. I would have been happy to see the following in NY:
1. Jackson
2. Watson
3. Browning
4. Foreman
5. Mayfield

And I would have been satisfied with only inviting the top 3 from that list, with Jackson being to winner...but beyond Jackson and possibly Watson, I don't think anyone else on that list is really Heisman-worthy, at least for what the award is supposed to represent.

Peppers was invited because he was voted the most versatile player. He lacks in some areas (not a true cover DB, etc) but makes up for it with his versatility and being able to cover a lot of different positions on the field. As far as not worthy of being invited, I wouldn't say that. You're right, he isn't the difference maker that Jackson is, and the voting accurately reflected that. He was the easy choice to win and IMO, ALL of the other candidates were just there by default.

03_SVT_Freak

Stirring the pot :D
Established Member
Below is one example. Lamar was not named specifically, but who the fark was he talking about? Jackson was given the award and is also the best player at his position and in the country. Your tears are so tasty. If a Texas player had won, you'd be singing a different tune about the Heisman being an honor.

I'm sorry, but Lamar Jackson is a phenomenal football player. You keep crying. I'm sure it will force the awards committees to re-do all of the awards.
Ok, you're obviously just an idiot who can't read. So good day to you

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Maybe they will. That won't erase the 51 touchdowns he was responsible for this season. It also will not result in them taking the Heisman trophy away from him. Now that that is established, let me also let you know how delicious all the tears in this thread taste.

Could care less he won the Heisman. So did Johnny Football, check his stats on his 2 starts against LSU. Look for a similar game for Jackson. And I'm guessing you don't want to make the bet?

https://www.seccountry.com/lsu/briefing-lsu-football-johnny-manziel-lamar-jackson

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member

All the tears? You're talking about 2 people, 1 of which never said he didn't deserve it but was referring to the collective finalists.

03_SVT_Freak

Established Member
Jackson won, fair and square and deserved it. My only issue is his so called "competition". Best RB? Not there. One of the best QBs? Not there. Best WR? Not there. I never said Jackson shouldn't have gone, or even win. I just think the other players invited to New York shouldn't have been there. There are no "tears" here only an observation of what is wrong with the Heisman, as it's been more of a popularity contest than what it should actually stand for, the last many years.

VNOMIS

Yeah, I said it
Established Member
So the Joe Mixon footage has finally been released and news has come out that Dede Westbrook is a woman beater as well. OU = football wins over morals. Smh

03_SVT_Freak

Established Member
Below is one example. Lamar was not named specifically, but who the fark was he talking about? Jackson was given the award and is also the best player at his position and in the country. Your tears are so tasty. If a Texas player had won, you'd be singing a different tune about the Heisman being an honor.

I'm sorry, but Lamar Jackson is a phenomenal football player. You keep crying. I'm sure it will force the awards committees to re-do all of the awards.

No, I wouldn't. The Heisman has been, and will continue to be a joke in my eyes, regardless of who wins it.

Users who are viewing this thread