Official 2016 NCAA Football Thread

TRBO VNM

also, this is the year that put the nail in the coffin for the Heisman for me. I have lost all respect for it. best QB? not in. Best RB? Not in. Best WR? not in. instead we get a WR with ONE 100 yard game, a player who can't pick a position, and a QB with 7 career starts. while they are all talented, the only reason they are in is because their teams were popular and won.

Agree, complete joke along with the awards show last night. Awards are not being given to the best players at their position or in the country.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
well I said it earlier, while the OSU/PSU is a bit mind boggling, OSU still deserved to go. I think Washington or Clemson should have dropped for PSU. and that "loss" everyone rags on, Clemson lost to them too. lol

also, this is the year that put the nail in the coffin for the Heisman for me. I have lost all respect for it. best QB? not in. Best RB? Not in. Best WR? not in. instead we get a WR with ONE 100 yard game, a player who can't pick a position, and a QB with 7 career starts. while they are all talented, the only reason they are in is because their teams were popular and won.

I'm surprised it has taken you this long to give up on the Heisman. It has been dead for years IMO.

03_SVT_Freak

Stirring the pot :D
Established Member
I'm surprised it has taken you this long to give up on the Heisman. It has been dead for years IMO.

well I really started to hate it when they gave it to the cheater over Vince Young. after that I never really paid attention to it, but this year just shows what its really about.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
well I really started to hate it when they gave it to the cheater over Vince Young. after that I never really paid attention to it, but this year just shows what its really about.

Vince Young was the best college player I have seen in my life. That's better than the Heisman! LOL

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
No, he got the first down.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...ate-jt-barrett-fourth-down-michigan-game-2016

And I will contend that that call didn't cost Michigan the game. They turned it over in their own end too many times and got dominated in the 4th quarter and OT by the OSU offense. Gotta close, and Michigan didn't.

And media bias? Hmmm, OSU has a better resume: less losses, more wins over top 10 teams, and a "better" loss. PSU got the shaft, but I think both should be in.

The video is flawed. Look at the shitty angle. Look at the angle of the hash marks lol. I can post a pic that proves he didn't too.

f881299d7df60f4a106e7978f2495aed.jpg

See how that works? And how can you contend that call didn't cost them the game? We get that call and the game is over. There isn't any "well if you get that call there it changes what happens throughout the game" butterfly effect. That's it, ballgame. But, like I said before, that call actually didn't bother me as much as the previous BS that went on.

As for the "best teams" I agree that OSU should be in the top 4. But that's the rub. OSU was not in the top 4 2 years ago but wanted in over a higher ranked team because that team didn't win their conference. This year they want in not based on conference championships but by "best team." They want their cake and eat it too, and they are.

BTW, if you're going by "best 4 teams" Michigan would be in. :)

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
The video is flawed. Look at the shitty angle. Look at the angle of the hash marks lol. I can post a pic that proves he didn't too.

f881299d7df60f4a106e7978f2495aed.jpg

See how that works? And how can you contend that call didn't cost them the game? We get that call and the game is over. There isn't any "well if you get that call there it changes what happens throughout the game" butterfly effect. That's it, ballgame. But, like I said before, that call actually didn't bother me as much as the previous BS that went on.

As for the "best teams" I agree that OSU should be in the top 4. But that's the rub. OSU was not in the top 4 2 years ago but wanted in over a higher ranked team because that team didn't win their conference. This year they want in not based on conference championships but by "best team." They want their cake and eat it too, and they are.

BTW, if you're going by "best 4 teams" Michigan would be in. :)

We will have to agree to disagree I guess.

As far as 4 best, Michigan's resume is head and shoulders above Clemson and Washington as well. I agree with that.

03_SVT_Freak

Established Member
Bama
OSU
Michigan
PSU.

it raises alot of questions, but that would be my ideal top 4. not sure which rematch i would want to see more though. lol

4barrel

Established Member
LMAO at some of this chit. The only player in the history of college football to be responsible for over 30 throwing and 20 rushing touchdowns in a single season is not worthy of the Heisman? If Louisville would have had an offensive line that was somewhat serviceable, those numbers would have been even higher. Y'all are some salty, sour grape mother fuggers. Keep on hatin', hookers.

03_SVT_Freak

Established Member
LMAO at some of this chit. The only player in the history of college football to be responsible for over 30 throwing and 20 rushing touchdowns in a single season is not worthy of the Heisman? If Louisville would have had an offensive line that was somewhat serviceable, those numbers would have been even higher. Y'all are some salty, sour grape mother fuggers. Keep on hatin', hookers.
no one said anything about him. I was talking about the nobodies in new york with him. the fact still stands though that the Heisman is a joke, where popular players are picked over the best.

4barrel

Established Member
no one said anything about him. I was talking about the nobodies in new york with him. the fact still stands though that the Heisman is a joke, where popular players are picked over the best.
Below is one example. Lamar was not named specifically, but who the fark was he talking about? Jackson was given the award and is also the best player at his position and in the country. Your tears are so tasty. If a Texas player had won, you'd be singing a different tune about the Heisman being an honor.
Agree, complete joke along with the awards show last night. Awards are not being given to the best players at their position or in the country.
I'm sorry, but Lamar Jackson is a phenomenal football player. You keep crying. I'm sure it will force the awards committees to re-do all of the awards.

TRBO VNM

I'm sorry, but Lamar Jackson is a phenomenal football player. You keep crying. I'm sure it will force the awards committees to re-do all of the awards.

Lmao. I never said he wasn't a great player. But he isn't the best in the country. I'm not crying, I didn't watch because they are all a joke now and the awards are not representing what they were meant to.

4barrel

Established Member
Lmao. I never said he wasn't a great player. But he isn't the best in the country. I'm not crying, I didn't watch because they are all a joke now and the awards are not representing what they were meant to.

If Jackson isn't the best in the country, who is? I'll hang up and listen...

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member

$50 LSU shuts him down in the bowl game.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
I have a problem with Peppers being a finalist...he is a great all-around athlete, but isn't anywhere near the difference maker Jackson is. Plus, I hate Michigan, so...

And I'm confused about Westbrook's invitation to NY. I don't know how he got in the mix. I know he had a good year, but Heisman worthy? I"m not sure about that! I think Jackson and Watson deserved to be there, and I'm surprised/disappointed Browning from Washington wasn't invited. I would have been happy to see the following in NY:
1. Jackson
2. Watson
3. Browning
4. Foreman
5. Mayfield

And I would have been satisfied with only inviting the top 3 from that list, with Jackson being to winner...but beyond Jackson and possibly Watson, I don't think anyone else on that list is really Heisman-worthy, at least for what the award is supposed to represent.

Users who are viewing this thread