Official 2016 NCAA Football Thread

hb712

Established Member
So then why have Conference divisions or a Conference Championship if it means nothing? Michigan #4 in the country when they finished 3rd in their Conference division? SEC Champ in, ACC Champ in, PAC-12 Champ in...and then Ohio State because they pass the "looks" test? The Committee has to be hoping Wisconsin wins, or Clemson / Washington lose.

I don't really place any weight on those championships, so I can't give you an answer there. I think it should be the 4 best teams, and those teams could be left out based on championship stuff if say, for example, special teams has one game where they forget how to play football. Or, maybe one team loses a game that they win 9 times out of 10, oh and their starting quarterback happens to be hurt.

That's just my opinion.

Slow04Cobra

ROLL TIDE
Established Member
What makes you think that? The rigorous schedule Bama played? LOL

I'll give you the field if you wanna take it.

Not the schedule, the roster; when all is said and done, this may be the most talented team in the history of college football. The entire defense may be 1st and 2nd round picks...all of them.

03_SVT_Freak

Stirring the pot :D
Established Member
I'll give you the field if you wanna take it.

Not the schedule, the roster; when all is said and done, this may be the most talented team in the history of college football. The entire defense may be 1st and 2nd round picks...all of them.

I'll have some of whatever you're smoking, cause it must hit hard...

shb5007

Established Member
I don't really place any weight on those championships, so I can't give you an answer there. I think it should be the 4 best teams, and those teams could be left out based on championship stuff if say, for example, special teams has one game where they forget how to play football. Or, maybe one team loses a game that they win 9 times out of 10, oh and their starting quarterback happens to be hurt.

That's just my opinion.

That's fine. I get it. But then what "justifies" the 4 best teams in the Country? Just the number of wins? Strength of schedule? Margin of victory?

All I am saying, is how do you put in an Ohio State team over an 11-2 team with a head-to-head win, division Championship (same as Ohio State), and possible Conference Championship (same as Ohio State).

That is different than say Virginia Tech beating Clemson and wanting to get in the Playoff.

It really comes down to Penn State's "bad" loss at Pitt and Ohio States "big" road win in Norman. I understand that matters too. But Penn State has also won EIGHT straight games (most in B1G) including dominating wins over Iowa (who beat Michigan and smoked Nebraska) and Michigan State (who beat Michigan by 10 and Ohio State by 1).

If PSU can pull off the upset next weekend, the Comittee will be in a very interesting place.

Either way, honestly, I am fine. This team has overachieved already and is one of the youngest teams in the Country. The Rose Bowl sounds just as good to me, but I think a Playoff game helps this team grow even further and sets up the possibility of a "run" next year.

I love college football.

shb5007

Established Member
Sorry. I obviously meant OSU and UM beat MSU...just like pretty much every else (terrible fall off for that program).

Also, how about Tennessee giving up 1,964 yards of offense in their past 3 games. For those of you who don't pay close attention to coaching changes, Bob Shoop (defensive coordinator) left Penn State last year to return to the SEC. Hmm, seems to be struggling. Meanwhile I think the staff (offense and defense) is making some of the best in-game adjustments I have ever seen at PSU.

Mika

Established Member
I think Florida is the closest game we've got on the schedule. I really think we beat OSU or Washington by 17 or more. The only good matchup I see for us is the playoff is Clemson and I think we get them by 10 at least.

Florida won't keep it within 21. If they do, I'd consider it a moral victory. Too many defensive injuries and an offense led by Helen Keller.

dino lord

itching to build...
Established Member
Yesterday got weird as shit.
Vandy, Mizzou, Kentucky...
MissSt I knew had a chance, but didn't think they'd win in Oxford the way they did. Wow.

Our 8-4 looks good at first...
Loss to #1...I can deal.
Loss to a getting much stronger LSU...I can deal.
But then...we lost to 2 non-bowl eligible teams...one at home.
And had to take 4-8 UCLA to 2OT to miraculously win somehow. Ugh.

Slow04Cobra

ROLL TIDE
Established Member
I'll have some of whatever you're smoking, cause it must hit hard...

Which part do you disagree with? The 2002 Canes didn't have it like that; this very well could be the finest collection of talent ever assembled.

The Alabama front seven that has been swallowing opponents whole this season might not have a weak link anywhere.

An NFL personnel executive told NFL.com analyst Daniel Jeremiah that he expects every player in the Crimson Tide's front seven to be selected in the draft's first or second round.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...-bama-front-7-will-be-picked-in-rounds-1-or-2

That is this draft. The same could be said for the secondary if they were draft eligible.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Florida sucks. Bama will have no issue with them.

In the end LSU will be Bama's toughest opponent this year. Coulda, woulda, shoulda beat Florida. 1-4 or 5 in the redzone? Statistically the game wasn't close, just kept ****ing up in the redzone.

Look for Guice to be a Heisman finalist.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
4968911.jpg

I call this picture "Big $ Blame vs. Big $ Game"

Go Bucks! LOL

And btw, here is the info and video of Peppers kicking and spitting on Block O. Stay classy, Ann Arbor. Hey...remember that time you beat Ohio State? No? me neither! LOL

http://ohiostate.247sports.com/Bolt/Jabrill-Peppers-kicks-and-spits-on-the-Block-O-49352778

Last edited:

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Doesn't really matter who makes the playoffs
This as much as I'd like to see Alabama get beat I don't think they will be.

I seem to remember the committee, while being assembled and such, saying that being a conference champion was a requirement...I guess not.
IDK I don't see them leaving OSU out even if PSU wins. OSU equals $$$$$ there fans travel too.

If PSU wins big against Wisconsin.

I'm thinking
Alabama
PSU
OSU
Washington or Clemson

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
4968911.jpg

I call this picture "Big $ Blame vs. Big $ Game"

Go Bucks! LOL

And btw, here is the info and video of Peppers kicking and spitting on Block O. Stay classy, Ann Arbor. Hey...remember that time you beat Ohio State? No? me neither! LOL

http://ohiostate.247sports.com/Bolt/Jabrill-Peppers-kicks-and-spits-on-the-Block-O-49352778

Peppers is a worthless piece of shit. No reason for stupid crap like that or the incident with the fan. The rivalry is nasty, but those types of things aren't an acceptable way to deal with it.
I guess when your coach acts like a 2 year old on the sideline you can't really expect any better from his players. The game was amazing and lived up to the hype, but I think some of the guys up north need to work on how to act in public.
One last thought, why did it look like Harbaugh was wearing a diaper? Am I the only one who thought that?

Users who are viewing this thread