Official 2013 list of fastest Cobras

KingKiller

Established Member
I like the way they break it down for the Tasca Ford Fest, two classes:

Stock (Stock blower, stock motor, stock transmission)
Race (4.6 engine, any modifications allowed, any trans)

Plus a "Stock Modified" class for "Race" cars that get driven to the track and driven home.

Evo2SVT

Established Member
I will make this list but I'll wait till I go a 9. My second test pass went a 10.17...
Looking forward to it

Can i get on the list? Here's my 4th 1/4 mile pass of 2013 and also only 4th with new setup.
UNported eaton, 93 pump gas, SRA, Full Interior/Weight. 4r75w FB performance Full manual valve body, Circle D Triple Disk, 2.76 upper/4lb lower, accufab inlet and sbtb. JLT ram air, SCT ba3000, 80lb injectors, Tubular Arms, Stock A-Arms, Solid Uppers, Single Adj lowers, OEM Mustang GT Shocks and Springs. 17" Chrome SVT wheels 295/45/17 ET Streets.
Tuned @ Speed Productions in Jackson, MS 463hp/507tq 17lbs 20* timing

Added to the list

Can we get a 6 speed manual list going... way too many auto's in here, lol.
Very good idea!

I do do a 6-speed list. Question is do you wanna see that list for this year or next years list? Also I am gonna start a thread for suggestions for next years list soon

i think thats a good idea. but dont want to get crazy either. cause thats how all the other forums are...gtr..evo..etc. forums.

pretty soon youll have a list for stock floormat records. it gets stupid.

can we get a street tire list...a full weight list..full interior..how about a stock motor/cube list?

whats the record for kb2.8h stock inlet corbeau seats..in microsuede? LMAO!

but i hear you..maybe he can highlight all the stick shift guys in a different color..

Well said I'll either highlight them or make a new list from the lists I got. I don't wanna get to many list going

I agree, simplest thing would be 3 list's;
turbo/centri, twin screw and eaton

Keep it simple stupid is always a good way to go. I would be #1 on the un ported, nitrous using, Comp Orange with Corbeau list :banana:

suby_do

Established Member
10.42/135/1.52/Suby_do/3550/na/tvs/t56/c16/SRA/28x10.5 Hoosier stiff wall

Never mind. Was going for street driven but forgot that was in dfw so I used the trailer for the 3hr trip.

Last edited:

gamebred26

Established Member
Nice. 60ft? Lock or non lock up?

this last pass i hit the lock up at like 6500 in 3rd at the very end of the track...the 9.7s were all unlocked the whole pass...i dont think lock up helps at all in my car.

when i was shifting to 3rd and hitting lu right away car would only go 129-130mph. killed my back half.

so first pass i went this day i left it unlocked the whole pass but spun and went 10.4 @138...and new she was gonna fly. next pass hooked 9.7. no change in my tune at all.

turbotrail93

6 speed king!
Established Member
its a modified 10.5" triple disc pi stallion was a triple disc but pats converters modded it to two discs...with a solid plate in between or some shit..lol..

3800 stall.

Maybe this two disc modification is why your lock up hurts you, might be blowing through it. I'll be testing not locking up in two weeks but I swear I feel like the car has a 75 shot every time I lock up now with the triple. I picked up 3 tenths just from locking up in second instead of just third. I've never made a pass unlocked so we will see

sam92lx

SVTP Style Consultant.
Established Member
its a modified 10.5" triple disc pi stallion was a triple disc but pats converters modded it to two discs...with a solid plate in between or some shit..lol..

3800 stall.

Nice. Now that's race or pump gas times? What are you iat2's beginning and end?

sam92lx

SVTP Style Consultant.
Established Member
Maybe this two disc modification is why your lock up hurts you, might be blowing through it. I'll be testing not locking up in two weeks but I swear I feel like the car has a 75 shot every time I lock up now with the triple. I picked up 3 tenths just from locking up in second instead of just third. I've never made a pass unlocked so we will see

I just though about texting you this morning to try it unlocked. Ethan on the dyno picked up 34hp and 70tq buy locking his up.

turbotrail93

6 speed king!
Established Member
I just though about texting you this morning to try it unlocked. Ethan on the dyno picked up 34hp and 70tq buy locking his up.

Him and I have the same triple disc converter from circle D too, Eric brooks also told me his big thing on tuning the new 5.0 to run so fast in auto form is to command lock up in 2nd. Maybe just depends on converter!

KingKiller

Established Member
This isn't the first time I've heard about guys locking it in 2nd gear and shifting into 3rd with it locked. Are there actually a number of people doing that??

Evo2SVT

Established Member
10.42/135/1.52/Suby_do/3550/na/tvs/t56/c16/SRA/28x10.5 Hoosier stiff wall

Never mind. Was going for street driven but forgot that was in dfw so I used the trailer for the 3hr trip.

Appreciate the honesty.

turbotrail93

6 speed king!
Established Member
This isn't the first time I've heard about guys locking it in 2nd gear and shifting into 3rd with it locked. Are there actually a number of people doing that??

No because everywhere you read it's a no no, as far as breaking stuff in the trans, those who have a computer tuned auto to shift and lock and unlock can have it lock up for a short time, unlock to shift then lock back up so it's not bad.

For those like me with a manual valve body it's just too much to do and buttons to press in a 9 sec car so I leave it locked on a button I currently have taped to the shifter and just shift It locked, mine doesn't skip a beat.

Users who are viewing this thread