Official 2013 list of fastest Cobras

gamebred26

Established Member
Maybe this two disc modification is why your lock up hurts you, might be blowing through it. I'll be testing not locking up in two weeks but I swear I feel like the car has a 75 shot every time I lock up now with the triple. I picked up 3 tenths just from locking up in second instead of just third. I've never made a pass unlocked so we will see

Def doesn't push through. It bogs it down. I think its the opposite. .like the disc is heavier and the weight is slowing it down. if it was pushing through locked ...would it push through worse unlocked? 138 mph is some good power and reflective of the tune and weight i think.

Last edited:

gamebred26

Established Member
I just though about texting you this morning to try it unlocked. Ethan on the dyno picked up 34hp and 70tq buy locking his up.

Its just showing more hp on the dyno cause there is no load on a dynojet...so the converters flash super fast through the rpms...a good converter should only have % 5 loss once passed the stall rpm...idk mine is pretty loose too.

all i do is bring it up off idle some...1500 or so and romp on it off the footbrake and got that 60'.

Last edited:

gamebred26

Established Member
Nice. Now that's race or pump gas times? What are you iat2's beginning and end?

its my only tune. 25 psi 17* timing. i run some torco in it...we put c16 in the tank to add timing but never did once we saw how she was doing without it.

i didnt want to blow it up at the end of the year with a whipple 3.4 coming lol..

iat2s from what i could see were good. i didnt log it. i put about 1.5 bags of ice in it with ic pump off and turn it on about 1-2 mins prior to burnout box...

it was 45-50* out so it was cool. the aeroforce said about 100* prob when i started i dont think they went over 130* water was still pretty cool after pass.

we had a fan on the blower between runs.

gamebred26

Established Member
No my motor is built now...car was hurt when I bought it...unbeknownst to me. But I dont see why a stock motor wouldn't take 25lbs. Detonation free of course....timing is low. Guys do 25 psi 22* timing on c16 lol.

gamebred26

Established Member
I just did a compression test last night when I did plugs...shes golden.

boost42

AssKicker
Established Member
Greg I also picked up 3 tenths by locking up in 2nd. Went 11.35 the pass before the 11.08. Going for a 10.xx next weekend while I still have a little tread left. Then it's bigs/littles time and some adj shocks
I swear I wana see what Scott's car would do with this converter. Makes me wana just let him borrow it for a weekend lol. His should go .60s all day I think. Even at the weight.

svt4me38

BOWENZMOTORSPORTS.COM
Established Member
No my motor is built now...car was hurt when I bought it...unbeknownst to me. But I dont see why a stock motor wouldn't take 25lbs. Detonation free of course....timing is low. Guys do 25 psi 22* timing on c16 lol.

Built motor and auto, now I don't feel slow! Lmao. Yes, some do get away with it but others like myself must of got a Monday built car and it couldn't handle 22 ;-)

sam92lx

SVTP Style Consultant.
Established Member
I'm surprise so many people run the torco stuff and I don't consider that pump gas either. I have a 93, 20psi, 15* timing tune and racegas tune with more boost/timing.

Last edited:

black-plasma

Established Member
Thanks guys, I was not expecting that my 1st pass. I tried power shifting my next pass and my T56 wasn't liking it. Gonna refresh it over winter or buy a Magnum.

sam92lx

SVTP Style Consultant.
Established Member
What intercooler pump is everyone using?? Any aftermarket intercooler setups? Anyone using meth??

Last edited:

black-plasma

Established Member
I have charge temps (IAT2s) on my aeroforce gauges showing at all times. Rarely goes over 100 except while going down the track. Usually back under 110 by time I get back to my pit. Ice still helps but not needed with killer chiller, only downside is you need to start the car to run KC and cool temps if not using ice while pitted.

Users who are viewing this thread