Off to buy a new car tomorrow

bam

Established Member
Not a Mustang! But I've been looking for a new commuter that's decent on gas, reliable and fun. I ended up going to drive this one today and I've run out of reasons not to buy. It's one hell of a little car- incredible to drive.

25445590817.319421233.IM1.27.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

It's a 2004 with just over 50,000 miles and I'll be paying a little over $10,000 for it. If all goes to plan, I'll have a brand new car tomorrow morning just in time to spend an eight-hour work day not enjoying it :burnout:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Not a Mustang! But I've been looking for a new commuter that's decent on gas, reliable and fun. I ended up going to drive this one today and I've run out of reasons not to buy. It's one hell of a little car- incredible to drive.

25445590817.319421233.IM1.27.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

It's a 2004 with just over 50,000 miles and I'll be paying a little over $10,000 for it. If all goes to plan, I'll have a brand new car tomorrow morning just in time to spend an eight-hour work day not enjoying it :burnout:

you do know that a 6 year old car with 50,000 miles is not brand new don't you?

it does look like a fun car to drive but I will take my focus for twice the money and just as much fun LOL

bam

Established Member
you do know that a 6 year old car with 50,000 miles is not brand new don't you?

it does look like a fun car to drive but I will take my focus for twice the money and just as much fun LOL

Are we still in 2010? :smmon:

bam

Established Member
Drive it like you would in GT5.

What, three minutes faster than you to wherever I go? :)

It's funny driving this car. I have to rewire my brain for about 1000 RPM more than the Mustang in most situations. I find myself flinching at doing 3500 in 6th on the highway going 70. The turbo really puts a smile on my face, though, and I can take certain corners 50% faster than I could in my last DD. It's a ridiculous little car.

greenstang1313

back in black
Established Member
people think miatas are so gay but they're good cars. a true sports car. they are awesome on auto-x tracks too. I was at an auto-x event that had mustangs, vettes, vipers, porsches, and out of the top three fastest times for the day, 2 of them were miatas

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
people think miatas are so gay but they're good cars. a true sports car. they are awesome on auto-x tracks too. I was at an auto-x event that had mustangs, vettes, vipers, porsches, and out of the top three fastest times for the day, 2 of them were miatas
Personally I don't think there is a better car for autocross than a Miata. The focus RS or ST might some in as a close second. and the mini-cooper S wouldn't be a bad choice either.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You made a great choice IMO. I've driven the newer Miatas (not a turbo, though) and they're incredible. The only thing that keeps me from buying a new one is that they don't offer the turbo any longer. What a shame. IMO that was such a smart move on their part in those two short years. It would be interesting to test drive both the 2004 Miata MazdaSpeed with its 178hp to a 2012 Miata with its 167hp to see how close they perform.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
I think it's a slick looking car and I love when they have hardtops on them. Report back on how it on gas and any mods you end up doing.

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
I always liked them. What school are you cheerleading for? This is deff varsity material :)

Honestly I like them. Buddys family has a GXP solstice that is a blast to drive.

Users who are viewing this thread