off the grid

knight 64

SVT Power
Established Member
Damb boys:
I had the chance to own my dream 03-04 Mach -Cobra, 11+ 5.0, I chose instead to purchase 10 + Ac with a two story log home off the Grid in Northern lower Michigan. Price was right with some work to do. The property butts up to 100s of acres of state ground. I must be watching to much life below zero. Time to learn some off grid stuff, looking into solar panels. I will be heading up to my new place in a week for three weeks of R and R. The place was sold by a friend in the middle of a divorce. Happy 4th to all of you SVT brothers!!

Katy TX5.0

Established Member
Can't wait to purchase land. I got the means to get a boat I've been wanting more so that's first.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Congratulations! So when are you going to invite us up there for some nice R & R? :thumbsup:

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member
Rent it out to friends and associates... recoup expenses and buy car later.

2000gt4.6

Established Member
With all the bs going on I would be scared to buy next to large tracts of gov property. Be sure there isn't any crap going on in the county with imminent domain.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
No such thing as off the grid.

You still gotta pay yearly taxes on the property, which means you still have to generate income, which means you have to do things on the grid still. Sucks, no matter what you are a slave to the system.

mnewxcv

Established Member
No such thing as off the grid.

You still gotta pay yearly taxes on the property, which means you still have to generate income, which means you have to do things on the grid still. Sucks, no matter what you are a slave to the system.

regardless, still nice to have your own land and place without public plumbing, gas, elec, etc. Id love a place with a 100gal propane tank outside, solar panels, outhouse, etc. taxes are taxes, but having a place to get away from all the noise is worth it.

heres what id love:

off-grid-home.jpg

stroked mach

Established Member
get you about 6 deep cycle batterys and a set of harbor f solar panels and a wind turbin with some know how and about 1000 you can have all the power you need as for the a/c do a geothermal project and use the ground to cool water for you a/c, when I get to the point of life when I own my own land I will have a very small elc bill if any, and get some pics up if you have a running stream you are in great shape lol

Users who are viewing this thread