Oem clutch cable XR3Z-7535-CA

venom1997

Screwed by the Twins
Established Member
I broke 1 upr and one that was in the car when I got it both aftermarket adjustable and my clutch pedal was heavy as hell! As soon as I put an oem ford cable and steeda quadrant and firewall adjuster it’s been silky smooth I should of bought a few ford ones back in 2010 when I did it

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
There definitely a business opportunity for someone. There has to be a large number of 79-04 mustangs on the road or garages needing a reliable cable.

i would have thought so too, and i would have bet that mm was going to start having them made again. i guess it's just not a cost-effective business venture and the feeling might be that the diminishing number of people who still have these cars will just keep buying the same junk over and over again when they break.

i had one of those on my car once, i think it snapped after about a month

Sn8kebitten

Established Member
I put a BBK cable in mine when my stock cable started to stretch so bad that the car would start moving when I’d push it into first gear. That was in 2012 around 40k miles and 3 owners ago. I went ahead and bought a new one to keep in the garage now that I own the car again, but it does suck that none of the good ones are made any more

Users who are viewing this thread